Heterometrus Spinifer can someone help determine sex

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I'll make a tentative guess that this is female based on genital operculum shape, but am not confident as the photo isn't as clear as I'd like an I'm far from an expert.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I agree that scorpion looks like a female, based on the pectine size and genital operculum.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Yes female, but in doubt if this is a real H spinifer.
A spinifer should have a telson that is lighter colored than the rest of the tail, often very light brown to reddish color.

Patarantula

Arachnopeon
Yes female, but in doubt if this is a real H spinifer.
A spinifer should have a telson that is lighter colored than the rest of the tail, often very light brown to reddish color.
Ye but I heard that spinifers can also have a black or darker colored telson? but its likely to be sold labeled wrong, heres another more clear pic

Attachments

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
I’d say it’s a pertersii. Granulation on the head with a uniformed patterns and underlations on the head. Black telson. Matte black colour pretty much through out.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Ye but I heard that spinifers can also have a black or darker colored telson?
I also heard that a couple of times in the past, but never actually seen one with a dark brown/black telson.
It's hard to determine by the picture, indeed granulated carapace also indicates towards petersii.