Heterometrus petersii

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Things that affect a scorpion's food consumption are: 1. Not hungry 2. Premolt 3. Temperature (lower temps decrease a scorpion's food consumption) 4. Stress

She just may be not hungry she is pretty plump looking. Be sure to keep the substrate moist and provide her a large waterdish.

What are your temps?

H. petersii has had a scientific name change to H. silenus btw. 😉👍

scorpion overlord

Arachnopeon
Things that affect a scorpion's food consumption are: 1. Not hungry 2. Premolt 3. Temperature (lower temps decrease a scorpion's food consumption) 4. Stress

She just may be not hungry she is pretty plump looking. Be sure to keep the substrate moist and provide her a large waterdish.

What are your temps?

H. petersii has had scientific name change to H. silenus btw. 😉👍
I keep her at 28C, she has a massive water dish and the substrate is moist

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I keep her at 28C, she has a massive water dish and the substrate is moist
You are keeping in perfect conditions. I would probably leave her alone. Does she have large hide to retreat to? May also try a different feeder insect too? It doesn't happen often but scorpion can be finicky about their food. I have a scorpion that refused everything but crickets. She looks healthy as long she has a water source she will be fine.

scorpion overlord

Arachnopeon
You are keeping in perfect conditions. I would probably leave her alone. Does she have large hide to retreat to? May also try a different feeder insect too? It doesn't happen often but scorpion can be finicky about their food. I have scorpion that refused everything but crickets.
I’ve tried tonnes of different foods, she has 3 hides too

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I’ve tried tonnes of different foods, she has 3 hides too
She looks fine and healthy I keep mine on 10-15cm of substrate packed down so she can burrow. She looks healthy and as long as she has a water source she will be fine. This species suffers from a high transpiration rate.

One arid scorpion recorded in a lab survived three years without food.

Hoolia

Arachnopeon
Scorpions are fussy. You've gotten good advice and your care sounds great. When my scorps are being particularly picky I'll leave a pre-killed roach or two for a couple of days and they'll usually scoop it up overnight.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Scorpions are fussy. You've gotten good advice and your care sounds great. When my scorps are being particularly picky I'll leave a pre-killed roach or two for a couple of days and they'll usually scoop it up overnight.
Yes this works too, I wouldn't recommend leaving dead feeder in forest scorpion enclosure longer than 24 hours due to the dangers of mold and mites. And remember if the scorpion is fully adult and will not be molting anymore you can even introduce a isopod culture but you can't do that with a juvenile or subadult because isopods will attack and kill a molting scorpion.

scorpion overlord

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone, I checked on her today and I found her eating a dubia nymph, she has been in a temporary enclosure for a few days and seems less defensive

DavoShred95

Arachnopeon
it could be gravid, just wait and dont stress her too much. Offer her a subadult dubia once every 10 days or so.
Wish you luck!