Heterometrus petersii - damaged "tail" / something white

voyager156

Arachnopeon
I am knowledgeable with tarantulas, but on Tuesday (4th) "came to me" my first scorpion (Heterometrus petersii)!

Yesterday I noticed, that on his "tail" just before the stinger is something white. I'm worried, that I accidentally hurt him - when I was taking him from the transport cup. Although I used bamboo tweezers and I tried to be gentle - still this white "thing" was not there before.

Do any of You know what it is? I really need help - I'm very worried about my scorpion health...

PS. I tried finding help on my country forums - but almost a week have passed and no luck. There is more of this white substance now (compared to the pictures). I will try to make new pictures and add them also.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
That white stuff is crusty dried up feces. That is where the anus is located.
Make sure the enclosure is humid and provide the scorpion with a bath that fits the entire scorpion.
At night (but not every night) the scorpion will take a bath, that should make the dried up feces come loose.
To prevent this in the future; keep the humidity up and make sure the enclosure is big enough that the scorpion can take a walk.
Normally after pooping, the scorpion will take a walk with its tail fully extended scraping the anus across the surface/substrate to 'wipe' it.

voyager156

Arachnopeon
Thank You very much for your reply! So as I understand, this is nothing serious?

I have a small water dish in the terrarium. I will put something bigger! Also, I will buy him a bigger enclosure.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
Yeah, this isn't too serious, but the scorpion does need to get rid of it by soaking in its bath.
My own H petersii will sometimes go completely submerged for several minutes all by itself.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
I agree with others on here, the white stuff is dried up scorpion feces. This species enjoys bathing themselves, its the best way for them to easily remove the poop. They just need to have enough room to move about the enclosure (they do like to wander).