Heterometrus Longimanus virginity and life expectancy after being gravid

Forsythe

Arachnopeon
Does h longimanus die after they popped once? And how do you determine if your H. Longi has popped already? Does it show any changes in their body? I bought mine a month ago as an adult and i didn't know if she popped already. Some keeper say they dies once they popped. 795725D2-E366-47EF-89A4-5AEE0AC36782.jpeg

Forsythe

Arachnopeon
Looking forward for your response. Thank you for your time! Happy keeping.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
I also came across 2 cases of H longimanus female die shortly after giving birth to a brood. Back then I assumed it was just unlucky. Maybe some more experienced breeders can tell us if this is normal.

Forsythe

Arachnopeon
I also came across 2 cases of H longimanus female die shortly after giving birth to a brood. Back then I assumed it was just unlucky. Maybe some more experienced breeders can tell us if this is normal.
Yeah. People in the group that i joined in facebook are also saying that. They also mentioned about people who sold their h longi after popping and the buyer wouldn’t have a clue that that h longi was “near death” because it already popped. I dont know if the seller who sold me that longimanus tricked me or something but i hope not.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
they can live up to 8-10 years in captivity so maybe these scorpions that died after giving birth were already old?