Heterometrus longimanus (Asian Forest Scorpian) care

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Sorry if this has been asked or done to death (can't find anything related)
I'm interested in keeping scorpions, I have 9 Ts and would love to care for other animals.
Can anyone provide good information and tips for these creatures?

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Great scorps, have a few heterometrus sp myself. They are simple to keep, 5+" of sub keep damp not soaking, a few hides and a water dish. Temps between 25c-28c. I feed once a week and always make sure water dish is full and they arnt dry. Scorpions are very easy to keep. Hope this helps

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Great scorps, have a few heterometrus sp myself. They are simple to keep, 5+" of sub keep damp not soaking, a few hides and a water dish. Temps between 25c-28c. I feed once a week and always make sure water dish is full and they arnt dry. Scorpions are very easy to keep. Hope this helps
Thank you for the response, I did a little research and setup an enclosure, shallow waterdish, cork bark hide, 5" substrate to allow burrowing, I will dampen it when I get the scorp, spag moss and a few fake leaves.
Is having two hides essential? It doesn't bother me I can offer that, what's the benefit of having two?

Edit: I just noticed you're from northumberland! As am I, didn't think I would see another person very close to me on here!

Mel92

Arachnopeon
I have used 2 hides in the past but find they will pick one and keep it.
Ah fellow Northumbrian! Though i was the only one lol nice to see more scorpions up here. Good luck with your first but not last scorp!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Ah fellow Northumbrian! Though i was the only one lol nice to see more scorpions up here. Good luck with your first but not last scorp!
I will offer two hides, no harm in that.
Thanks for the help.

Mel92

Arachnopeon
Looks good with a nice looking scorp too. Just keep sub moist and don’t be surprised if he doesn’t eat, they can go weeks without eating.
Good luck and welcome to the scorpion world!

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Looks good with a nice looking scorp too. Just keep sub moist and don’t be surprised if he doesn’t eat, they can go weeks without eating.
Good luck and welcome to the scorpion world!
Glad it all looks good!
I won't be surprised I have spiders I'm used to fasting.

VaejovisCarolineanusSDS

Arachnoknight
I have two hides. I used to have a pair of Heterometrus sp., the male died of old age. Most pf the time they stayed in the same hide. Sometimes though I would see one in the other hide, I guess they get sick of each other from time to time:D. Even now I see the femal alternate to the other hide. It's one long hide and a small half-log hide. They prefer the long bark hide.

Mel92

Arachnopeon
I have multiple hides in for pairs as i too have noticed the males like to give the females a break now and again. Have heterometrus cyaneus and Spinifers they always go for the flat cork bark and hate plant pots lol, My H.Arizonensis always use 3 different hides and are constantly doing house work.