Heteroctenus Junceus pair fought

AljohnDawal

Arachnopeon
My male heteroctenus junceus fought with the female one, he snuck to the female's enclosure and was doing his promenade a deux. I thought they were doing good at first, after few hours or so, when I came to check up on them, they were both on their aggressive stance and they began to fight aggressively, my female has always been gentle and timid but this time she went too aggressive, the male got flung several times as they were trying to sting each other and I separated them as soon as I can since things are looking bad.

Does this mean that the female is probably gravid?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm not sure she would know if she's gravid that quickly, but she may have been annoyed if the male was continually trying to mate with her. Keep them separate for a couple weeks and see how she's doing, then maybe reintroduce the male again.

AljohnDawal

Arachnopeon
She's mated on March 4, not so plump yet but got fatter.
I'm not sure she would know if she's gravid that quickly, but she may have been annoyed if the male was continually trying to mate with her. Keep them separate for a couple weeks and see how she's doing, then maybe reintroduce the male again.

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
If she is resisting the male to the point she's throwing him around, it could be she may be gravid/already mated. And yes I agree, they should be separated. He is only stressing her and she could possibly kill him.