Het. Spinifer (???) not eating.

retiroroberti

Arachnopeon
Hi all. I know this is a common (and probably annoying) question, but I've searched(albeit lightly) and none of the time periods people have posted about seem to be as long as mine. Currently, I only have two scorpions, one C. Vittatus and one H. Spinifer (At least, that's what I'm assuming it is. I bought it as a P. Imperator, and it's clearly not) named Tank. Anyways, I bought ol' Tank a long time ago - I think over six months ago - and he/she's only eaten approximately twice in my care, the last time being some time in November. Tank seems fine, however; they drink plenty of water, occasionally come out of their hidey hole, usual stuff. The temps are all fine, they have plenty of substrate to burrow if they so choose, yadda yards yadda. No eating, though. Nearly every time I've tried to feed them (with crickets, by the way) they just let the crickets jump around and be their roommate until the cricket dies or I take it out. Thoughts?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Don't leave the crickets in their too long. Especially adults the females will lay eggs in the substrate.. you can try switching feeders amd see if you get a different reaction .If the scorps are full grown it shouldn't be too much to worry about . Just spot check under hides and looks closely onto the substrate and make sure nothing funky is growing

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
My H. Spinifer doesn't seem to be a huge fan of crickets. I feed her an adult dubia every 3-4 months. Just not a big eater I guess.