Heros Castaniceps Feeding Time

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: it's always a treat to see a centipede eat at lunch time.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awesome. Scolopendra heros pedes are my favorite. Guess I'm a little narrow minded but I'd be happy only having heros pedes. The S. subspinipes (Malaysia) I have is nice too but I'm a sucker for heros. Guess I like the subspinipes for it's behavior more than looks. Nice pede, did you find it in SA?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Gorgeous pede! I love this species as well. Whats the size of that particular individual?

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found this guy a little north of San Antonio. This one is only about 5 inches. My 8-9 inch trophy heros got out a couple weeks ago!! I was really upset. I had it for 2 years+. I really like these guys too. Definately my favorite pede....maybe cause there the only ones I have ever owned! Lol.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's weird, my tophy S. h. cast got out a week or two ago also. It was over 9.5 inches, 10 inches when it was still and spread out. It's still bothering me a little. I felt like my dog died! Oh well. I bet you haven't had any other ones because these spoil you from the start. Hope you find your monster. The monster I had got out last year and was gone two months, then showed up again. That was a good day.

aaandyyy5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ya. Im still waiting for the moment when I walk out into the garage and its crawling across the floor. Hope you find yours too. Thats a big one. Is yours that huge brown one posted somewhere on here?

Andy

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah that was it. You know, from looking at some old pics and ones after I found it again after two months, I'm really thinking it molted during the two months it was gone. I think I see some antennae growth and small black spots gone in the newer pics. I never saw it molt and I kept up with that. Oh well, just means we have to get some more!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I found this guy a little north of San Antonio. This one is only about 5 inches. My 8-9 inch trophy heros got out a couple weeks ago!! I was really upset. I had it for 2 years+. I really like these guys too. Definately my favorite pede....maybe cause there the only ones I have ever owned! Lol.
Ohh decent size! Nice.

That sucks to hear about your other pede.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hopefully for both of you your monster pedes will show up,it's really sucks when they escape.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ill have to take you to that place i was tellin you about Gala. we can get you a 16incher lol
then get caco a ticket so he can get bit by it lol