heros breeding season again?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Scolopendra heros become active again when it cools in September from what I can tell. I've even seen a few walking around out in the open in the afternoon in September. I also noticed some walking around in some cages so I put some together to breed, the mood is right! Shouldn't have put them together so late tonight, now I have to stay up and wait.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm getting a female S. h. castaneiceps coming in a week or two. I'll put her with my other S. h. castaneiceps and also my S. h. heros to see what happen.

I will also be getting a female Malaysian giant for my male M.G. too. I had to track her down from 4 different owners :eek:.

along with that my 3 chinese and 2 vietnamese should reaching maturity by the end of this summer, so next year is going to going to be an exciting centipede year for me. I'm just hoping to have enough time for them.

and like always, your work is inspiring, thanks for posting! :clap:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow the MG sounds like a foster home pede. Hey it's not much work, just a lot of time on my hands. Nice to help though if I come across something, I'm guessing the might be active until it starts getting cooler towards the end of September. I used to stop on the side of the road if I would see a small cave, I've seen a couple of big ones walking around in caves. I wonder if they might stay active longer in caves since the temp is pretty steady(?), maybe steady food with the cave crickets hanging around. Good luck when you get your pedes. I like to have a chopstick and some tongs ready when I put them together, esp. right after they mate, it's an angry divorce right after:eek:

JC

Arachnolort
Old Timer
I will also be getting a female Malaysian giant for my male M.G. too. I had to track her down from 4 different owners :eek:.
Good luck with her. I wish it were me!

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good luck! I would love to add one or two of these to my collection!