Here's why I wouldn't want bit

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My big pede kept turning his nose up at thawed pinkies, he's only eaten one since I got him. The increased activity at night said he was hungry, though.

Today the wife was at the barn w/ her horse and I figured it was time to try something still kicking. The store was out of hoppers so I got the smallest adult mouse I could hoping the pede could take it...

Heh, it took a couple of strikes but once it nailed the mouse I think it took all of 10-15 seconds before mouse was completely motionless. I definitely do not ever want to experience those fangs first hand, ouch, ouch, ouch :D

Attachments

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What about the bones? Will it eat the bones and all?

Botar

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: Isn't this gruesome?

Originally posted by Code Monkey
And a short time later
Thanks for the great detail shot C_M! Lunch always taste better the second time.:rolleyes:

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
What about the bones? Will it eat the bones and all?
They eat everything. In this case there's going to be a lot of leftovers, though. The mouse was half the size of the pede but it was the smallest live mouse they had so I went with that.
Right now the pede is full and has left a mouse with its chest torn open and heart and lungs devoured with little bits of ribcage hanging off the sides. I'm hoping he'll go back for seconds but it costs the same for an adult as it does a pinky so at least I'll know he's actually full ;) I'm getting ready to go out of town for a week so it's gorging time for all the kids.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well thanks for the info. I'll probably try a pede and a scorp in the spring when I make my next T order.

Botar

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is what I viewed not too long ago, as my centipede ate a fuzzy

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: Isn't this gruesome?

Originally posted by Code Monkey
And a short time later
Oh my. I didn't expect that, but it's not too bad. And I thought it was hideous when I saw the scorp that I used to have eat a fuzzy alive...

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's fascinating that it appears that they go for the throat. It seems to be instinctive when attacking rodent prey (as seen on my video).

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine didnt go for the throat the last time, it just went for the fuzzy's butt and started chomping away