heres the pic

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Have you tried to touch it? I doesn't look dead, nor does it apper to be in molt.

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would leave it alone it may be molting right side up. If the legs curl under in the leg curl of death, than it is dead. I would ride it out and disturb your T as little as possible.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats the classic look of a tarantula that has been frozen... where did it come in from?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well if it froze then it may be dead. Try keeping it a little warmer 80 deegrees maybe, and see if it pulls trough. If you have no movment in 24 hrs then you can be pretty certian it is dead.

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had limited success by using the ICU on tarantulas that had a long shippping trip.

Get a solid container (One that is slightly larger than the T and is not clear) and poke some holes through it (about 3 or 4 for oxygen only)

Place a mat of damp paper towel and a wad of damp paper towel inside the container and then put the T inside. Now you need warmth and a dark quiet place to put the tarantula.

I use the bathroom because it is almost always dark in there and it is an easy place to control temp and humidity levels buy simply running a hot shower or drawing a hot bath and leaving it there. Any place that is warm and dark will do though.

Change the paper towel daily for more damp paper towel.

This should bring your T back to 100% within a week or so.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
T_t, did the tarantula take more than 24 hours to get there? was there a heat pack in the box?
I'd go with Chris's suggestion, don't give up on it yet!
good luck with it
Holley

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Our male C. cyaneopubescens looked very much like that right after he was shipped to us. He was packaged very well and the weather was fair the whole way the spider was shipped. He just stood in weird positions like that. Although he would eventually move if we nudged him with a paintbrush, his response was slow. We also put him in an ICU for about 3-4 days and he seemed better after that and became much more active. I would try putting the spider in an ICU in a warm room. I have read about spiders that seemed dead when they arrived being revived in a few days by being slowly warmed up. Good Luck!!

-Jill