here ya go! picture with question!!

valcan222

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone, well my little P. miranda finaly came out long enough for me to snap a quick pic! i was just curious as to what you guys think male or female?

figured i would get your guys oppinions. :)

thanks everyone

Brian

valcan222

Arachnopeon
well darn... it was sold to me as a sexed female... kinda bummed now... turns out i have all males now :(

valcan222

Arachnopeon
i would say it is right around 3 inches,, after the molt it really hasent stretched out so i can measure.. but i would say from what i have seen right around 3 inches would be about right.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Going against the grain im going to say female. my female was sexed time and time again by people who REALLY knew what they were talking about as a male. of course it was ventrally sexed so i couldnt prove or disprove this until HER last molt ;) best of luck to you!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
There is not a lot there that says male to me. BUT- I'm just getting started with ventral sexing. I see nothing as pronounced as this though.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=191997

This screams male. But I'm not really sure of the differences between regalis and miranda. Being of the same genus though, would lead me to believe there would be similarities.

valcan222

Arachnopeon
alright, well i just snaped another pic, this time of my other P. miranda, this one appears much different to me but they are not at the same angle, that is the only variable i havent been able to eliminate... {D

anyways this one is just a tad smaller than the first one i posted what are your thoughts on this?

in these pics you can clearly see there is alot different from the first pic..

so guys and gals what ya all thinking lol

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm on the fence here. :confused:
I know pokies are a pain to retrieve a molt from, (mine ALWAYS rip hers apart) but that is what I would trust at this point.

First pic looks male to me, second looks more female.
Have you tried comparing pictures of yours to pictures of miranda in the sexing gallery?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The second looks male to me as well. Do you have a dorsal shot of the abdomens?

valcan222

Arachnopeon
alright guys i got a few more pics, this is of the first miranda ( will refer to this P. miranda as P. miranda # 1 )

anyways these pics are pretty much the best i can get, the macro on my camera for some reason is acting up so i cant get much closer. If i need to i can use a friends camera let me know if i need to.

so here they are

pics of P. miranda #1

anyways all comments are appreciated lol.

thanks for everyone who has posted there oppinion this all makes for a great learing experience for me and others not blessed with the gift of telling if tarantula has boy parts or lady parts lol.

thanks
Brian B.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Damn, that is a hard one.. I can't really see any features popping out at me either way.. But then again, I wouldn't trust my own ventral sexing skills as far as I could chuck a skyscraper.. Only ever sexed avics ventrally, and they're a different world to pokies.. Anyways, I'm rambling, and I'm not really helping anyone.. Nice T though :D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok so check it. this is my P. miranda at roughly the same size u say yours are. SHE is now a confirmed female and i will tell you for about 8 months no matter who sexed her ventrally i got a resounding call for Male. i hope this helps, i believe PM1 is a girl and PM2 is FOR SURE a boy. just my 200ths of a dollar.

Poecilotheria miranda 3ish"

Dorsal shot for size comparison

Last edited: