Here to ask for help on finding a true goliath bird eater ...

Thedismisser

Arachnopeon
my daughter has a rose hair and a Haitian bird eater and has asked for a goliath bird eater for Christmas .
I 've been researching and have been told that most places that claim to have them are selling a hybrid or something. sorry I don't have a clue about tarantulas only trying to help ny daughter with her hobby. ..
thank you all for your help in advance .

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
my daughter has a rose hair and a Haitian bird eater and has asked for a goliath bird eater for Christmas .
I 've been researching and have been told that most places that claim to have them are selling a hybrid or something. sorry I don't have a clue about tarantulas only trying to help ny daughter with her hobby. ..
getting a T blondi is ridiculous, super expensive and fairly difficult to keep especially for the novice. if you MUST get a Theraphosa, get a stirmi instead. they are pretty much the exact same except for the name. not to mention the $250 you save..

Thedismisser

Arachnopeon
getting a T blondi is ridiculous, super expensive and fairly difficult to keep especially for the novice. if you MUST get a Theraphosa, get a stirmi instead. they are pretty much the exact same except for the name. not to mention the $250 you save..
ok so what are the proclaimed T Blondi that most suppliers are advertising as t. Blondi

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
ok so what are the proclaimed T Blondi that most suppliers are advertising as t. Blondi
T stirmi most like. only trust major arachnid dealers to label their Ts right, reptile suppliers suck for arachnids. they say its a blondi so they can charge a higher price.

symbol

Arachnopeon
Just FYI: T. blondis go for ~$350. And that's if you get a small, unsexed specimen. They also have extremely irritating urticating hairs (I've been told it feels like burning to most people). Additionally, they're a fair bit more difficult to keep than a G. porteri/rosea (rose hair). They are generally considered most appropriate for experienced keepers.

Now, if you're willing to spend the money and your daughter knows her stuff and is educated about husbandry and whatnot, then go for it! But I wouldn't consider it something to enter into lightly. Blondis require considerably more care, expense, and space than many other tarantulas in the hobby. (Also, I'm assuming that this will be a Christmas present for a grown daughter and not a child.)

If you do decide to get a blondi for your daughter, definitely go through a reputable breeder as others have suggested. You can find information and reviews on various dealers/breeders in the reviews section of this site or I'm sure some of the folks on here could make recommendations as well. (Since I'm in Canada I'm not really familiar with US dealers.)