Here’s to all that say T’s don’t use their water dish!!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So who says they don't use their water dishes? Mine use their water dishes all the time!

They poop in the water dishes.

They dispose of dead crickets and/or cricket parts in the water dishes.

They use their water dishes as a place to store excess substrate after a vigorous session of digging.

They even dig holes under the water dishes and use the dishes as a roof for their little "forts."

They sit in the water dish while waiting for crickets to magically fall from the heavens.

They just don't necessarily drink out of the water dish all that often!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I don't think anyone says they don't use it. It's just apparently a rare occurrence. That hasn't been my experience, though; I saw my first tarantula drinking from her dish on night one, and many times since then. My second tarantula as well, although he doesn't have a water dish, usually begins drinking immediately when I drip water into his enclosure.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
My T,s flip them upside down.Did they drink from them ?...who knows,maybe/maybe not.

Wonder how they treat their water dishes in the wild?.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
So who says they don't use their water dishes? Mine use their water dishes all the time!

They poop in the water dishes.

They dispose of dead crickets and/or cricket parts in the water dishes.

They use their water dishes as a place to store excess substrate after a vigorous session of digging.

They even dig holes under the water dishes and use the dishes as a roof for their little "forts."

They sit in the water dish while waiting for crickets to magically fall from the heavens.

They just don't necessarily drink out of the water dish all that often!
I have never seen mine use a water dish.

Spyders

Arachnopeon
I have seen mine use her water dish as well! The first time I wasnt 100% sure if she was drinking, or just standing over it, but the second time I could see her mouth making contact with the surface of the water. Slurp slurp! :)

BGHAdam

Arachnopeon
I've seen my chalcodes drink once or twice. Mostly she just dumps substrate in her bowl though LOL

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I have seen mine use water dishes fairly often!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
1123A49E-A34D-4A7D-81D1-BF41611ED4E9.jpeg

First time I caught one of my spiders drinking from its water dish.

CF00F838-4ECA-4EE9-AC2F-345662CE4805.jpeg

I think it is so cool when ever I catch one if my spiders drinking from their water dish. It’s such a simple act, but I find it intriguing.

221CD470-A178-43B1-81DA-98C949DD089D.jpeg

Every spider gets a water dish...

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Two species that are widely regarded as needing little to no extra water. Brachypelma hamorii and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens:

20200731_223913.jpg 20200508_210233.jpg