Her little leg is gone

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My H. lividum otherwise known as Rain, is missing leg 3 on the left side... Just curious about how that will regenerate. Will it come back slowly or all at once or what? I haven't been able to find good info on regeneration of limbs. :( Help?

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My H. lividum otherwise known as Rain, is missing leg 3 on the left side... Just curious about how that will regenerate. Will it come back slowly or all at once or what? I haven't been able to find good info on regeneration of limbs. :( Help?

i think it comes back slowly after a few molts it will be full grown again!! But look on the bright side she cant run full speed missing one leg haha just kidding!!!! {D :D

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
once they molt there exo-sceleten (cant spell) is soft and thats the regeneration proses happens, but will take a few molts for it to grow back 100% :D

dukegarda

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It'll grow back in time. Takes a few molts. At first the leg will be thinner than the rest, and a little shorter. Then the molt after it will become thicker, and longer and more even with the other seven. Then usually after the third molt, possibly fourth, it'll be perfect and you'll have a hard time telling the difference.

Here's a picture of my rosea, she lost her leg before I bought her and regenerated it. Then she molted once in my care and the leg has passed the second molt stage of regeneration. Can you tell which one it is?

The answer is here... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/dukegarda/DSCN5043leg.jpg

So now you have an idea of the process. =D
Oh and keep in mind that this is a mature G. rosea and the time in between molts is like forever. So I'm sure your little lividum sling will regenerate it a lot faster.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, as the others said she'll have her leg back full size in a few molts,my B.SMITHI lost her rear #4 leg and with her huge butt she could't walk around alot,but it's growing back now it's been 2 molts and the leg is almost the size of the other leg.ts are amazing when it comes to this.:)

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How big is your T?

i had a T. blondi once that was a real rescue from a local pet store. i saw her there and was horrified. i called them back and told them i wouldn't pay them for her but would be willing to take care of her properly and maybe she would live. She was about 1.5 - 2", on orchid bark, in a huge KK. :wall: They dropped the whole thing off at my work. Oh yeah, the whole point of this post - she was missing 6 legs and 1 pedipalp!!!! :eek: i immediately set her up in a more appropriate enclosure. i tried feeding her meal worms, cricket parts... but never could get her to eat. i don't know how her little body could regenerate all those legs & pedipalp with zero nutrition but she did. She finally molted and since she was so small, she regenerated all her legs and pedipalp to full size or nearly full size. You literally couldn't even tell anything had ever happened to her. So, don't worry, your little Rain will be fine. Aren't T's beyond amazing?!?!?! {D

<edit> i forgot to mention that i found some of her missing legs between the edge of the enclosure and the lid when i rehoused her! She was lightening fast once again as soon as she molted!

Last edited: