Her 1st mouse :-))))

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
This is Pandora ( my 3 year old B.Smithi ) she just ate her first mouse about an hour ago. She eats anything I put in the tank except my hand:embarrassed:. Super worms, hornworms, crickets, cockroaches, and last week 9 meal worms and i stopped at 9 cause she kept dropping them. Im making this thread cause damnit im pretty proud and happy and wanna show her off. I havent found a leash for Tarantulas yet so I thaught this would be a good place to do so. Im also looking for a A.minatrix to purchase :D

pics 1-4
1- bullseye or mouse eye, the right eye had a fang in it till she started her happy dance.

2- slightly different view

3- Just her chillin

4- she likes to lay totally flat sometimes.

Attachments

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
well i would be careful feed your Ts mammals just because the excess protien can cause problems when it comes to molting and i would hate for you to lose her she looks awsome ( just some friendly advise)

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This thread is going to not be fun for you haha.

Also I think its the calcium, not the protein thats the problem.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This thread is going to not be fun for you haha.

Also I think its the calcium, not the protein thats the problem.
beat me to it on both counts! i'm pretty sure i've seen discussion about the calcium content, not protein, of vertebrates negatively affecting tarantulas and that being the cause for many keepers not feeding mice to their Ts. its also why you should not get crickets gutloaded with stuff you buy at the petstore for reptiles or predusted.

edit: also, the more i read your the first post, the more i feel a a troll vibe. thats okay, you're going to have a bunch of posting infractions and probably get shut down pretty soon... ;P

Last edited:

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
I didnt plan on giving her a mouse all the time maybe once every few months or so. unless you super nice people on here change my mind im kind still new got my 1st T a year ago. & holy <edit> ther is soooooo much i dont know, but thats what you guys are for{D

Last edited by a moderator:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's nothing to be proud of. In fact, quite the opposite.

You should probably also read the rules on cursing and signatures, among other things.

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I fed my first tarantula mice before. I even have a video of it on youtube. I'd never do it again though. I think I'd feel bad if I were to do that now. After I joined here and learned more about tarantula husbandry I realized it was a stupid thing to do.
Especially a full grown mouse like that.

Long story short, you really shouldnt feed your tarantula any mice. Along with the health and danger reasons, it makes us hobbiests look cruel with what we do.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
um ok I agree. Prolly wont do it again. so what would happen to the T, I mean would it just die after eatting the mouse, get some kind of growth disease?...

Salamanderhead

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mice have a strong bite along with kicking power and claws. It could hurt/ kill your tarantula. Tarantulas dont need the calcium they get from eating them either apparently. So when your tarantula goes to molt, it could cause problems.

Its just unnecessary really. Stick with insects and you'll have a happy, healthy tarantula.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Some people believe it can cause molting issues. Someone here volunteered to do an experiment by feeding a calcium-high diet to see if the effects are as dangerous as some believe.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
& hows that goin ide really like to read about that. & yes I sure will I alreaddy have about 200 meal worms I plan on feeding to them when they are in larva stage, But so far all of my Ts fav have been hornworms. it was really cool to watch in person but not worth loosing her over.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantulas,but most certainly Brachypelma genus, DO NOT NEED MICE IN THEIR DIET.
The eye ball comment dissgusted me. Yes, I did want to share this with you.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Tarantulas,but most certainly Brachypelma genus, DO NOT NEED MICE IN THEIR DIET.
The eye ball comment disscussed me. Yes, I did want to share this with you.
I just have to say this! Every time I read a post by you it brings me pure entertainment :} it seems like you get so heated and angry when you read things you do not like and you are deffinatly not one to keep your opinions to yourself. This shows that you have alot of passion for the hobby. I learn alot from some (if not all) of your posts. :)

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Crazy pictures you got their.

Years ago I'd feed my Ts mice on occasion. It seems they instinctualy go for the eye as my spiders did it every time (scorpion too). Very interesting.

Anywhos...I no longer feed mice to them per the reasons others have listed.

VENOMdeBEEVER

Arachnopeon
ive never been angered by any1 on here or have I ever left any rude comments. I just really started useing this site last week. I do have to say that every1 has been really helpfull too. i do kinda feel bad for that ( close to death ) guy.