HEMOLYMPH!!

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
AW MAN AS IF THINGS COULDNT GET WORSE I JUST WOKE UP TO MY STIRMI. BLEEDING HEMOLYMPH!!!!
after following this event https://arachnoboards.com/threads/help-please-t-stirmi-escaped.359024/
my tarantula has been the most stressed I’ve ever seen a tarantula and never going to it’s burrow AND OF COURSE now it’s bleeding some hemolymph
on its leg and need to know if it’s best to be left alone or should I do something about it
DE0992A5-3D6A-41CF-822D-C4B509266E46.jpeg

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
There are threads on leaky joints on here.
Could have just opened up a little. A single droplet on a joint isn't of huge concern but i thought you were fixing that lid!
Also, you can stop feeding that little piggy.
Sub looks dry so maybe moisten up and keep water available. Otherwise, i wouldn't fuss with it.

Hi
sometimes they bleed right before they start moulting.I have observed it with few of mine.
I did crap myself initially the first time and then few hours later she was on her back.
I imagine is sth to do with increasing the internal pressure before the moult begins but someone more scientific minded may explain it better.
Regards Konstantin

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
There are threads on leaky joints on here.
Could have just opened up a little. A single droplet on a joint isn't of huge concern but i thought you were fixing that lid!
Also, you can stop feeding that little piggy.
Sub looks dry so maybe moisten up and keep water available. Otherwise, i wouldn't fuss with it.
I’m on the lid my dad is not home for another couple of days I need him to cut the acrylic since it’s to big

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I think leaky joints before a molt have to do with the fluid needed between old and new to lubricate "slipping out"
I'm not sure if that's what's going on here but either way, providing fresh water is all i would do.

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
I think leaky joints before a molt have to do with the fluid needed between old and new to lubricate "slipping out"
I'm not sure if that's what's going on here but either way, providing fresh water is all i would do.
But that’s just strange I haven’t seen a dark spot on the abdomen do they lose the ability to do that or could it be an emergency molt also there’s ”blood” on more than one leg so maybe it’s coming to a molt

Also its halfway tilted on one side I think there might be a molt coming

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Maybe the legs are buckling under the weight of that huge ass. Lol.
Viper hit the nail on the head. Be patient.
Don't mess with it and provide water.

Hopefully, there were no injuries suffered during its escape and things work out just fine but only time will tell as fall injuries often take a while to prove fatal.

But what's done is done. Lesson learned.
Try not to worry.
Best of luck.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But that’s just strange I haven’t seen a dark spot on the abdomen do they lose the ability to do that or could it be an emergency molt also there’s ”blood” on more than one leg so maybe it’s coming to a molt
Listen man, I think you are great for being concerned about your T! I always notice that about you. However, I think you may, and I could be wrong, be overthinking here.

If I recall correctly Ts have to pump their hemolymph from their abdomen to the cephalothrorax to assist in molting. And if I recall correctly they also secrete a fluid between the old and new molt to assist here as well, like snakes for shedding.

Besides, even there is something WRONG, there is nothing you could do anyway but wait it out, provide additional water etc

Last edited:

tarantulas118

Arachnoknight
How are you so sure that what you see is their blood??
I never knew that they had fluid between the exoskeletons, this happened right after it escaping and being chased by a cat, it never really showed any signs of pre molt so when I added all this up I came to The conclusion of hemolymph. After learning all of this I’m thinking it’s more of a molt coming than an injury. I’ve never had a tarantula molt yet so this a first-time experience for me

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I never knew that they had fluid between the exoskeletons, this happened right after it escaping and being chased by a cat, it never really showed any signs of pre molt so when I added all this up I came to The conclusion of hemolymph. After learning all of this I’m thinking it’s more of a molt coming than an injury. I’ve never had a tarantula molt yet so this a first-time experience for me
OH a first time for you- I didn't know that! I strongly suggest you read up about it to save your heart rate agony, and become more empowered with KNOWLEDGE ;) Use google to search within AB, and you will get every question answered.

Last edited: