Helping poorly molted T blondi (difficulty: I'm disabled)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
My girlfriend's T. blondi molted, but the cage wasn't humid enough. Part of the abdomen didn't come off. I've given it two weeks, but it hasn't come off on its own.

My girlfriend is too afraid of this spider to treat it herself (which is why it's now my spider). I need to get this patch off of its abdomen. Problem is, my right hand is no longer functional. How the heck can do I this with only one working hand (without getting torn up by this grumpy girl)? I've pinned down spiders with one hand and used a wet paint brush to get it off others in the past, but I can't use this method anymore. How likely is future injury if I do nothing?

Any advice would be great. Thanks :)

Attachments

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You might just be better off leaving it on there, if it isnt bothering the T, and its just a cosmetic issue. As long as the back end isnt messed up, as in the T can still "poo", it might be ok anyway, it will probably come off with its next molt.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
The only thing I can think of is ICU at this point. If the old exuviae is dreid to the new then letting things moisten up in an ICU is all I would recommend. Then one might try to gently pull off the old exuviae after a 24 hr ICU if it doesn't come off on its own.

Good Luck,

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
You might just be better off leaving it on there, if it isnt bothering the T, and its just a cosmetic issue. As long as the back end isnt messed up, as in the T can still "poo", it might be ok anyway.
It doesn't appear to be covering her anus, but I could be wrong.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
The only thing I can think of is ICU at this point. If the old exuviae is dreid to the new then letting things moisten up in an ICU is all I would recommend. Then one might try to gently pull off the old exuviae after a 24 hr ICU if it doesn't come off on its own.

Good Luck,
Any container recommendations for a spider that large?

Crows Arachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had this happen to a Phamphobeteus antinous, thought it was a minor issue, it eventually was the result of her demise. The abdomen was unable to expand evenly there and eventually resulted in a tear that killed her, so remove it if possible, call a friend. Other than that, don't feed much.

madamwlf

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That doesn't look like old skin still attached. Looks more like dried cyst.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dont mind me asking,I just really want to help... but are you absolutely sure that is old exuvia attached to the abdomen?????

Although what Crows Arachnids said is really to be consider...At this point, due to your situation, I would really dont do anything more than increasing humidity level to the max, keeping her warm and feeding her really watching her abdomen.

If the anus is not clugged , you should let her take care of it.
If you attemp to do anything with your situation you might end up hurting her or getting a nice bite or a dose of hair.

Keep us posted, please
Fran

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
I Would have your girlfriend, for the t's sake, help out with this one.
Also, Dont feed it till the problem is resolved-Wouldnt want it to tear Like crow's t.