Helping Badmolt

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
Hey Guys! Is there any help I can give my sling Avicularia Versicolor 1/2" in molting? Its 2 front left legs are already out right now. And all are still stucked. Shes still pushing. I need help right now, What to do? Any ideas will surely help!

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Post pictures of the enclosure and the versicolor. It may just need some more time to push itself out. In the mean time don't touch it or you may make it worse.

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
@DeanK Yup I'm just watching it doing his molting.

@Kodi Here is the avic and the enclosure. Im not yet doing anything.
20161018_110116.jpg
20161018_110130.jpg
This image is in poor quality.

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
So guys what to do now? Hes done pushing right now and I'm leaving the house in an hour. I dont want to go back home having a sling stucked in molt:banghead:

DeanK

Arachnosquire
There really isn't anything you can do. Even if you can get it out the chances of it surviving are slim

Venom0296

Arachnosquire
There really isn't anything you can do. Even if you can get it out the chances of it surviving are slim
The other day P. Platyomma also have bad day molting. And now this little guy's turn having bad day. BTW Thanks!

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
That enclosure... Is there dirt on the bottom? This species requires a bit of humidity so that may be why he's having trouble.
If he does make it I would suggest an enclosure with a stick or some bark with some fake foliage opposed to plastic sporks...

14pokies

Arachnoprince
The first piece of advice given in this situation should have been to add a few droplets of water around the slings web to raise the humidity..

If the sling made it you need to move it to a more suitable enclosure in a day or so once it hardens up..