Helpful Resources

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
Scrolling through hundreds of websites and pages trying to find information about arachnid ailments, causes and treatments, I found two particularly informative articles, and I'm just starting this thread so I personally have a way to save and share them and access them across multiple devices.

1. A hemolymph chemistry reference which I saved because of their successful treatment for achieving hemolymph stasis in minor abdominal injuries. https://emc.ncsu.edu/files/2018/12/...NALYZER-BASED-ON-IFCC-CLSI-C28-A3-Lewbart.pdf

2. An all-encompassing and brief examination of Arachnid physiology that expands upon common ailments and treatments, including success of treatment as well as likelihood of recovery. This is simply an excerpt from Manual of Exotic Pet Practice by Mark A. Mitchell, which is an excellent book to have on hand for any and all exotic pet owners. <edit> https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/immunology-and-microbiology/arachnid

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
NICE FINDS! Unfortunately these DVMs don't have a large enough market for our 8 legged friends, NOR training. But there are a few people around the globe that have practiced medicine on Ts. Another paper is a great find.

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
NICE FINDS! Unfortunately these DVMs don't have a large enough market for our 8 legged friends, NOR training. But there are a few people around the globe that have practiced medicine on Ts. Another paper is a great find.
It's so true. More often than not, a quick search engine inquiry brings you here or other forums for an answer to questions, which are obviously helpful, but sometimes a scientifically supported answer is handy to have! I really hope Arachnology becomes a more widely available course of study in the near future and far more practiced in veterinary medicine than it is now :spider:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's so true. More often than not, a quick search engine inquiry brings you here or other forums for an answer to questions, which are obviously helpful, but sometimes a scientifically supported answer is handy to have! I really hope Arachnology becomes a more widely available course of study in the near future and far more practiced in veterinary medicine than it is now :spider:

Agreed. Unfortunately fluffy mammals rule the pet market. Also, there's a missing component on Ts, in the primary lit there's is virtually nothing about their basic physiology. We know far more about frogs and herps for example. Lack of that science, makes it hard to develop DVM training.