Helpful or a hindrance?

foxy

Arachnopeon
Looking for some advice...I have a selection of T's ranging from juvenile to 0.5 inch slings..they are kept in tanks placed in a recess in the wall with an oil filled space heater with a polythene sheet over the recess to keep the heat in as the whole room is to large to heat...recently as the temperatures have dropped to below freezing ive had to turn up the space heater and I have noticed that the lower substrate is drying out almost daily and that my curly hair is spending most of its time near the water dish and around the overfilled dish area.....
My question.... I have now placed a bowl of water in the recess next to the heater in the recess in the hopes that it will humidify the air a little...I am by no means chasing humidity I just think that the air may be a little dry with a space heater running 24/7....Will this be helpful or more of a hiderance to the T's?
Thank you in advance

Hi
won't do any harm to put a water bowl near(not on top)the space heater.
I keep multiple water bowls near the tarantula shelve as I have other pets(cats ,dogs) its never been an issue.
Regards Konstantin

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
I've put a small humidifier in my T room, which seems to help with maintaining substrate moisture longer. It's nothing extreme, but just an extra 10-15% of RH has made a big difference. The air in this place is just so dry in the winter - it's 5 months of feeling like your skin is 2 sizes too small. I can imagine the T's feel similarly.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's fine. I keep my Ts on dry sub anyway, it's never moist or wet.

foxy

Arachnopeon
Thankyou all for your time and replies,much appreciated