help

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
But you're offering advice in your sig line.
Wow great observation, I had not even seen that. Now I am miffed. Cause you have Pmed me with questions as well. Maybe you should change it till you really do know what you are talking about.
No offense.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
when i said i'm orderinf=10 books that dosn't mean i already don't have a couple dozen. i'm buying books on breeding roseas i have a bunch arledy of the basic bookds^_^

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've never heard of a book that's about breeding roseas. What's it called? I might need a copy of that one. I also didn't know there were a couple of dozen books on t's in general. Man, I only have one. It's the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. I know there are a few more, but I didn't know there were that many.

Veric

Arachnopeon
I also didn't know there were a couple of dozen books on t's in general. Man, I only have one. It's the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. I know there are a few more, but I didn't know there were that many.
Google is your friend. Or you could just try bookstores. I counted at least 20 T books on Amazon.com alone. I'm sure there are even more books available in other countries dedicated to their tarantulas.

Edit: http://www.exoticfauna.com/tarantulabibliography/books.html

On Breeding G. Rosea

http://www.ms-verlag.de/index.php?118&backPID=158&swords=Die Rote Chile Vogelspinne&tt_products=326

Last edited:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
when i said i'm orderinf=10 books that dosn't mean i already don't have a couple dozen. i'm buying books on breeding roseas i have a bunch arledy of the basic bookds^_^
Theres a book on breeding Grammostola rosea? Where is such a book?

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
I've had experience with four different Ts of different genera, for about 5 months I've been lurking these boards and the internet even longer, and I've only just barely started answering questions and offering advice, and even then it's really rare and only when I definitely know what I'm talking about. Really, take it slow and don't start breeding and throwing amateur advice around. (No offense, but... gel water? Training roseas to sit and stay?) :rolleyes:
Oh, and "hitting" your Ts in the middle of mating wasn't a smart move. You can't interfere in any way, just let nature take its course. Sorry if any of that offended you, I just don't want a new T-owner to stumble upon one of your threads and think it's okay to do that stuff.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had experience with four different Ts of different genera for about 4 months, I've been lurking these boards and the internet even longer, and I've only just barely started answering questions and offering advice, and even then it's really rare and only when I know what I'm talking about. Really, take it slow and don't start breeding and throwing amateur advice around. (No offense, but... gel water? Training roseas to sit and stay?) :rolleyes:
Oh, and "hitting" your Ts in the middle of mating wasn't a smart move. You can't interfere in any way, just let nature take its course. Sorry if any of that offended you, I just don't want a new T-owner to stumble upon one of your threads and think it's okay to do that stuff.
SaddlePatch is right, except on the interfering part. You can and sometimes must interfere, that is if you want your male to live. I have interfered a couple of times but never "hit" them or anything. Just stuck tweezers or a lid between them, so the male can live and mate again with the same or different female to increase chances of a successful breeding. Then again you don't "have" to interfere, you can let the male die and hope he did a good job.

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
SaddlePatch is right, except on the interfering part. You can and sometimes must interfere, that is if you want your male to live. I have interfered a couple of times but never "hit" them or anything. Just stuck tweezers or a lid between them, so the male can live and mate again with the same or different female to increase chances of a successful breeding. Then again you don't "have" to interfere, you can let the male die and hope he did a good job.
Yeah, that's what I meant. It just sounded like they were beating them apart when the male was doing his stuff.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, that's what I meant. It just sounded like they were beating them apart when the male was doing his stuff.
Ha I know, I was just clarifying for anyone "new" that reads this thread and thinks that you can't interfer at all.

octoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree with Saddlepatch. I thought the same thing about her hitting it when the male and female began to mate. In my opinion, if you can't tell the difference between them mating and "fighting", you shouldn't be mating them in the first place. I don't think it was too long ago when you couldn't even sex one properly. Please don't go out on a whim to do things you haven't researched thoroughly. I do know males have a short lifespan, and you probably want to mate them before he dies, but don't end up injuring the female or even both of them to get them do what you want. If the mating was a success, how would you handle a bunch of slings if they ended up hatching?

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought the same thing about her hitting it when the male and female began to mate. In my opinion, if you can't tell the difference between them mating and "fighting", you shouldn't be mating them in the first place. I don't think it was too long ago when you couldn't even sex one properly.
well well i didn't actually hit them and the reason i thought they were fighting is becausewell she open her fangs and attacked hium. trully i'm breeding tarantulas partially by mistake... Well i bought one thiking it was female an dhten i find out it's mature male. Now being my first T EVER i was feeling so disapointed to only be able to have my t one more year max so then i got a suggestion hey breed your tarantulas. I got this from my science teacher because im a bio wiz and she asaid i could do it for my breeding projet so she gave me a bunch of text books on breeding spiders so i read it and thought it seems simple but i'm just trying to give sure that the babies are healthy and happy

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well well i didn't actually hit them and the reason i thought they were fighting is becausewell she open her fangs and attacked hium. trully i'm breeding tarantulas partially by mistake... Well i bought one thiking it was female an dhten i find out it's mature male. Now being my first T EVER i was feeling so disapointed to only be able to have my t one more year max so then i got a suggestion hey breed your tarantulas. I got this from my science teacher because im a bio wiz and she asaid i could do it for my breeding projet so she gave me a bunch of text books on breeding spiders so i read it and thought it seems simple but i'm just trying to give sure that the babies are healthy and happy
One thing I wanna say is did you have the tarantula before its final molt? When did it molt into a mature male?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pink...do you have access to the number of deli cups you're going to need?

I realize some of my behaivior on other parts of this forum has been unacceptable as of late, but there is a definite problem here so please don't misread my post.

God knows we need more CB specimens of this species, so I can't say I don't identify with you on some level.

I don't think that a first time keeper can't be a breeder, but you really have to know what you're doing before you make the jump to breeder.

Tarantula slings are quite difficult to get rid of quickly even below market price, and since rosea adults are so common (I've gotten two for free) this is definitely one of the harder species to breed in terms of both practicality and skill. Don't think you'll be able to sell the 200 slings at $6 apeice and make $1200. T breeding doesn't work this way.

Here is a link to where you can get large numbers of vials to keep your slings in.

I would reccomend starting a mealworm colony soon. You should get some young small enough to feed the slings. You can also cut the mealies apart to feed them, but you need to make sure none of the 200+ cups gets mould in them.

If you'd like, send me a PM and (assuming you're in the US) I can get you some fast breeding roaches for low cost.

Here is a link to the breeding reports on this species.

Your female may be on it's way to making a sack, but mine swelled up and then nothing ever happened. I think mine is in premoult now.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
novak: his previos owner said he molted around 2 monts earlier
chessire: My dad breeds leopard geckos and bearded dragons nad crested geckos and snakes,so he has plenaty of thousands of those deli cups and we also have alot of film canesters. So i think i do have enough to last me a while .. at least i hope

Last edited:

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
chesire we have a super worm colony and when the babies are born thye are around 0.2 cm, and we abuy crikets every friday and my dad said he could buy pinheads for real cheap.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
novak: his previos owner said he molted around 2 monts earlier
Hm, so 2 months before you bought it, when exactly did you buy it? YOu bought it as a mature male thinking it was a girl? Well thats understandable for someone new to the hobby.