help

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
question about my rosea. well she got mated on wednesday and since then her abdomen has nearly doubled in size. is this a good or bad sign

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Any swelling of the abodmen is a good thing after a mating..... Continue to feed her till she refuses food, then sit back and wait to see if the mating was sucessful. But since you just mated them be aware that you are going to be waiting 2-6 months its not going to happen next week.

My smithi (different species I know) mated last July and just laid the sac after almost exactly 9 months.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
smithi is a mexican red-knee i saw your post thats good though.
now if my parents are divorced should i take her with me just to keep an eye on her or leave her at my dad's

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You should keep her with you, unless your dad is more experienced in Ts.
And, good luck, my rosea breedin attempt went horribly bad.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah when i fisrt tried to breed them they got in a bundle fight and i hit them i was scared of him getting eaten ^_^ but he's fine

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What is "gel water"? You shouldn't have any gel in their water. It should be straight water.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was told they can drown it's top layer i put it then fill the bowl (under the gel ) with water

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All of my ts who have water dishes get just plain water, I've never had one drown.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i had a p. cancerides sling eat that water jell lol a piece got dropped in its container wiht a cricket lol the silly sling ate the jell and not the cricket and got a real big butt

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gel water is generally used for crickets...........so they don't drown themselves
LOL! Yeah, I know what it is. I was just hoping the OP had a typo and wasn't really using it.

Just use a shallow dish/lid with water in it. The t won't drown.

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL! Yeah, I know what it is. I was just hoping the OP had a typo and wasn't really using it.

Just use a shallow dish/lid with water in it. The t won't drown.
I see, I just saw you ask what it was and offered the answer. My misread I guess :wall:

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Pink, you really need to do a lot of reading. I defended you in that other post, but you are already trying to breed, and you don't even know the basics. Educate yourself for your T's sake

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well i know i need toread lol^_^ I ordered what like 10 books from amazon, and i've read alot of arachnoboard posts i mean ALOT