help

Blackieb06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you know i thought this site was to help people i ask yall a question and i get one response?? I just got a sling and i was asking yall for some advice if any she is no bigger than my pinky nail. i have her in a small plastic container i just have never had one this big and i was a little worried if i needed to do anything else?

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After searching back a few pages to find the topic in question (if you're going to shout about it, show us where it is. ;)) : I don't have any experience with this species, but I'd say...

Pretty much the same as any other sling. ;)

Keep it warm and humid - drip a little water on one side of the substrate, every couple of days to once a week, depending on how quick it dries out. Squash the heads of any crickets/other food items that seem a little too big. How big is the container? Is it ventilated? Does the sling have substrate deep enough to burrow in? I don't know if this species is skittish or not; but if it can burrow or hide, that might help prevent it scuttling round and up and out before you can blink, when you open the tub.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello, id like to reply to this, but without knowing what species o T we are talking about here I dont want to give any info that would be harmful. If its a GBB for instance, then the moisture will kill it etc etc.

So type of T please and im sure you will get help :)

"Phormictopus cancerides"........ ok im a idiot, lol.. didnt see the name on the previous post. :8o

I have no personnel experience with this species, and therefore cant offer any help unfortunately :(

Im sure others can set you in the right direction.. GL

Last edited:

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you know i thought this site was to help people i ask yall a question and i get one response?? I just got a sling and i was asking yall for some advice if any she is no bigger than my pinky nail. i have her in a small plastic container i just have never had one this big and i was a little worried if i needed to do anything else?
its already been said. keep it warm (74-78) and humid (not wet) and feed it pin heads or adult cricket abdomens ( if it will eat pre-killed) give it some water and thats pretty much it.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't worry to much, little slings aren't to hard to take care of once you get over the shock of how tiny they are. For a P. cancerides, feed either the really small pinhead or 1/8 crickets if you can find them, if not lightly crush the head of a larger cricket and drop it in, just be careful to remove the waste when the sling is done. Two to three times a week put several drops of water down the side of the container. They are very hardy and have a very strong appetite. Just sit back and watch it grow. Mine went from two inches to over six in a little over a year.

Blackieb06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks guys i really like this site :clap: you guys always get me through stuff i just want to know how many times to feed her i have fed her every other day "pin head" but her abdomen is getting pretty big i didnt want to over feed her?

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
........i have fed her every other day "pin head" but her abdomen is getting pretty big i didnt want to over feed her?
They can't over eat AFAIK, but they can get obese. This could present problems when they are larger, but not so much when they are small.
You would actually do just fine feeding it once a week with 2 pinheads.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just got a B. Vagans also the size of my pinky nail. It's so small it scares the crap out of me !

Is there a delicate way of getting into the vial the little slings are in, without the little bugger getting free ?

How fragile are these little wonders ?