Help!!!

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I am very sorry to hear and see this Terri. Your constant tales of this beauty is why I wanted one for myself... :(

maxwellxxv

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i hope it pulls through...these damn things work their ways into our hearts and we are sorry to see them leave us...your continued battle to save a ":bug" speaks volumes of youir personality.. as we all feel the same way for our pets...i hope it lives.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
well i hate to hear about this :(
Yeah, I hear you! It's all up to the male's NEW pimp... if this IS a molt, then she's off schedule. Maybe the NEW pimp will send the little guy back when he's done with him! :(

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How odd terri, I stil am curious how you spotted her in her very eloborate burrow lol. I hope all pulls through! I withdraw all my jinxes on her!! by the power held by me [and those power electric paddle thingies!!] I zap her into life!!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
How odd terri, I stil am curious how you spotted her in her very eloborate burrow lol.
Every second she spent in the lower chamber, I was there with the flashlight. You could barely see her, but I know her TOO well, I knew the INSTANT I saw her that something was wrong, so I dug her up.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That really sux :( I really hope she pulsl through. I agree with rasing her temps. it seemed to work the first time.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
did you send my male to somebody else for breeding? i never heard what happened with it....

i know what its like to lose a loved pet though! my lividium was my fav spider before he matured into a male and i had to ship him off...and we had to put our rat to sleep this last week :(

merjen

Arachnopeon
exsqueeze me?

MizM said:
It's all up to the male's NEW pimp... Maybe the NEW pimp will send the little guy back when he's done with him! :(
:? what in the world?? Is this spider lingo that I have not learned yet, or an inside joke? :) :confused:.... must be about a male T or something...
BTW, how is she doing MizM?

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
merjen said:
:? what in the world?? Is this spider lingo that I have not learned yet, or an inside joke? :) :confused:.... must be about a male T or something...
BTW, how is she doing MizM?
Oh sorry, just trying to lighten up the situation!! I had a male for her, so I was the "pimp"!

She is EXACTLY the same today. Still curled, still writhing, still very much alive. Sigh.
:(

merjen

Arachnopeon
:( well that sucks, not knowing, not being able to do anything for her, I am so very sorry! Is she still in ICU?
I am having some helpless feelings about my T.Blondi, she moulted almost 2 weeks ago and she just doesn't seem herself. She seems to shake, just slightly and smoothly, when she walks, not like when she is laying web either, it is all the time. I offered a cricket for the first time since her moult yesterday and she has no interest what-so-ever, I can only hope that it is just taking her this long to recover. I noticed and removed a little bit of light mold (or something) and the substrate surrounding it the day after her molt and I am anxious to clean the whole place thoroughly, but not sure if she is ready to be bothered that much yet. She just hangs out in the open, never goes in her hidie. Changes places now and then, but mostly rests still. Also, her abdomen has a whitish powdery look to it, well its more grayish, she has not turned completely to her natural color yet... it doesnt seem to be spreading and it's very uniformed and fades away toward her carapace...I am paranoid, I don't think it is a fungus but I can't help but worry. Could just be totaly normal, this is my second T, my first T.Blondi. She is pretty good size, but I know they can get much larger and I want to see that happen, I luff her and of course never want to lose her. Sorry to ramble... just glad to have a place like this to voice my concerns.
Thnx

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey teri. still best wishes with your t, I know it must really suck if you loose her but heres hoping you dont.. maybe she jsut asborbed a little of scarlets behavirour and shes jsut tyring to syke you out

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
4 days.... eaxctly the same. Seeming death curl, but with constant movement of all extremities, including chelicerae. Paper towel brown around anus area, but no sign of buttplug of doom. Possibly exuvial fluid? The pacing resumes....

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Perhaps she has a genitic flaw ..a birth defect that forces her to have such hard molts..??

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
:8o Well, she just had her third molt in as many years, and it's been just as harrowing and difficult as the first two! Where's our old curmudgeon C.M. to say "I told you so!"

To this day though, I have NEVER seen another T molt quite like this. She only writhed in pain for one week this time. My other Ts do a bit of stretching and flexing during the process, but this girl acts exactly like she's dying of nematode infection! (Unfortunately, I've seen plenty of that! :( )

Now would be the perfect time to mate her, hmmm, wonder if any sexy blue males will show up at the conference? :rolleyes:

SergioCR

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MizM said:
:8o Well, she just had her third molt in as many years, and it's been just as harrowing and difficult as the first two! Where's our old curmudgeon C.M. to say "I told you so!"

To this day though, I have NEVER seen another T molt quite like this. She only writhed in pain for one week this time. My other Ts do a bit of stretching and flexing during the process, but this girl acts exactly like she's dying of nematode infection! (Unfortunately, I've seen plenty of that! :( )

Now would be the perfect time to mate her, hmmm, wonder if any sexy blue males will show up at the conference? :rolleyes:
With what food are you feeding her? could it be something about feeding? low moisture?