Help!!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
So what you're trying to say is that all of these hysterics were over a moulting T that you diagnosed as critically ill and then made plan after plan to nurse back to health?

Bet this doesn't feel like your brightest moment ever

Oh Code Monkey... just rub it in!!! What about the diarrhea? What about the abosolute lack of movement for 3 HOURS, damp and limp? Those two things freaked me! Have YOU ever seen an H. lividium let someone lift their fangs and pose their little legs and STILL lay there limp on their back? Please... humor me. Of course I feel like an (_._)!:rolleyes:

Nixy, you're doin' the dance I was doin' last night. This is for you: @--}--}-----

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, not moving prior to a moult is nothing unusual. The spiderhea, as you dubbed it, might just have been a little moulting incontinence - can't say I've ever been staring at any T of mine's rear end while it was laying there waiting to moult.

I'm not rubbing it in, I just found it a nice amusing element in my day.

Yesterday, all was doom and gloom.

Today, oops, she was getting ready to moult :)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
terridumonte :) :)
Aaaaaaaaw how sweet!
Thank you hon. :)
I'm still doing the happy dance.
Knowing your little blue girl came out of it and had a successful moult just made me grin and I'm still smiling thinking about it.

(Grins)
Code.
Have you had that tongue of your's metal plated and edged yet?
You never fail to bust me up.
And Boy I know I'll get it good when my turn rolls around to be under that sharp tongue lol.

=D

I am Such a sucker for a happy turn around. :D

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you have the Tarantula Keeper's guide and look on pages 25-26 you will see pictures of tarantulas molting that are lying next to a milky white/yellowish fluid that sounds like the Spider-rhea that was described......probably some exuvial fluid.

Good news to hear your T is OK!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
O.K. you're forgiven! I'm glad that you're amused, as long as you're laughing WITH me.......

And I'm sure Ts can get incontinent too... I'm sure we'd S--T if we saw what THEY see when they look at us!!

Buspie: I HAVE seen that picture and was aware of exuvial fluid, but I thought it only came out DURING the molt. You're probably right though, she was kind of damp and sticky during the death experience on Saturday... it probably leaked out two days sooner than usual. Again proving that nothing is usual but the unusual.

Nixy: Thanks for "defending" me!!! @(*O*)@ Now that Mr. C. Monkey knows that I can take a little ribbing, I can start ribbing back and he won't take it too seriously!!

Thanks to ALL for helping me through this CRAZY experience and for making me laugh so hard at myself. (Not that I don't do THAT often enough!!)

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by terridumonte
O.K. dudes & dudettes... I REALLY need help with my H. lividium. I’ve had Ts for a long time, but they’ve all been healthy, happy individuals. Now I have a real mystery on my hands... I’m stumped! I THOUGHT I had solved the problem when I removed the baby crix trying to chew her leg off. She was in ICU all weekend & the wound was looking great. I checked on her 6 times a day or more, each time making sure I got a response from her. If I saw movement, I was happy. Yesterday, I went out to my friends house to pick up some curly slings (I have FIVE now!) and was gone for about 3 hours. When I came home, my Coby did not respond. I opened the box & touched her... no movement. I lifted a leg... no movement. I turned her over on her back... no movement. I gently lifted her fangs... no movement. She was limp & strangely damp. I thought she had bled to death. I took her out and posed her on my flower box in the sun, I wasn’t ready to bury her yet. She looked so beautiful in the sun, so I just left her there for awhile. My fiancee & I continued to pose her & touch her legs, we were both pretty bummed & were kind of saying good-bye. I went to the pet store & came back... about 2 hours had passed since I put her in the sun. I went to pick the body up... & she moved. She came back from death! She was very sluggish & would only move if she thought she was in danger. I put her on a plate to bring her in & stuff started coming out of her anus. It was two separate liquids, one pure white like “white-out” liquid and one clear & slightly yellow. Can Ts get diarrhea (or spiderrha)? Or could it have been web liquid? I’m terrified that since she is WC that maybe one of those wasps could have laid eggs in her. I put her back in her fresh,clean habitat and misted her & have left her alone since. She won’t eat, I have taken her paintbrush & dipped it in water & she eagerly masticates it, so I’m sure she’s not dehydrated. But she WILL NOT bite at a cricket at the end of tongs right under her fangs. What the heck is going on with my T. (New name; Zombia!) Can ANYBODY give me any idea what this is and if she will live?:? :confused: :8o
I can certainly sympathize with you concerning a deep routed concern for a Cobalt Blue. I'm very concerned about my Cobalt, Luci. She refuses to come down from the top of her enclosure after the little incident with my cat. It's as though she can't stand it now considering what my cat did to her. Here's a picture of just what she's been doing all day.

Attachments

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
that was like reading a fairy tale, and they lived happily ever after! :)

I am happy your baby is doing great! Good Luck!

James

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I'm qualified to say this now...

Patience!!

She will come down, I have had cage falls before, and I think she's probably just really scared and if she doesn't move, the cat won't see her!

But definitely don't nudge her or bug her at all, give her a day of two in peace and quiet and dark and I'm sure she'll come down.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by terridumonte
I'm qualified to say this now...

Patience!!

She will come down, I have had cage falls before, and I think she's probably just really scared and if she doesn't move, the cat won't see her!

But definitely don't nudge her or bug her at all, give her a day of two in peace and quiet and dark and I'm sure she'll come down.
Thank you for the ecouragement. I really need it. I think I worry too much sometimes. Needless to say Mo-Mo is getting solitary confinement in the bathroom with a litter box tonight.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: Re: Help!!!

Originally posted by Godzilla2000
I can certainly sympathize with you concerning a deep routed concern for a Cobalt Blue. I'm very concerned about my Cobalt, Luci. She refuses to come down from the top of her enclosure after the little incident with my cat. It's as though she can't stand it now considering what my cat did to her. Here's a picture of just what she's been doing all day.

Hey G2k.. That's an awful high cage for a cobalt.. IS this the same cobalt that was on woodchips before? You might want to consider rehousing her with some nice deep peat moss.

Bill

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Help!!!

Originally posted by conipto
Hey G2k.. That's an awful high cage for a cobalt.. IS this the same cobalt that was on woodchips before? You might want to consider rehousing her with some nice deep peat moss.

Bill
I did buy some peat moss. I've just been too stressed out today to prepare it as per the instructions on the box. As far as the tank goes, I'm going on a few instructions to purchase a tank with very high dimensions. As I've found out, Cobalt's are not shy about vertical leaps. If I kept her in a more smaller Pet Pal, I know she would have escaped a long time ago. I have witnessed first hand Luci leaping from one side of the Pet Pal to the other with no trouble at all. I'm just not going to take a gamble with a smaller tank after witnessing Luci's extreme agility.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh and I just realized that that picture makes the Pet Pal Luci's in look like the Roman Coliseum in height. It's actually a few inches lower than a 5 1/5 Gallon fishtank. Plus lengthwise it's much smaller than said 5 1/2 gallon tank.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
This is a thread I HATE to resurrect, but SHE'S DOING IT AGAIN!!! My lividum, who is my most precious baby, is in death curl, writhing like she is in pain. I hope to God that this is just another difficult molt, I don't know if I can bear to lose this girl, I've had her for so long, handle her regularly, she won with her pic in the poster contest.... I LOVE HER!!! Someone PLEASE tell me Haplopelmas have horrible difficult molts and she will be JUST FINE!!! :(

She's in ICU. Dark. Warm. Moist. :(

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Didn't you jsut mate her too terri? how'd you see she was in death curl under al lthat dirt... and she jsut had webbedu p the opening too.. so perhaps it is a molt cuss remember I couldn't evne find the opening..

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
This morning.... still no change. I would say it's definite death curl, but there is still the constant movement. Smooth, not jerky. There is no sign of parasites. Yes, she was just mated, but there will be no sac, that's the ONLY thing I know for sure.

The next few days are going to be the H word. This is my favorite T, out of HUNDREDS that I have ever owned! It's times like these that I wish I chose a different creature to love, one that could be easily diagnosed!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Terri,

I am SO sorry about your gorgeous Beauty. I know just how attached you are to her, and how special she is to you.

Since she was WC, is there the slightest chance that she's reached "that" age? If all fails, please just know that you have done everything in your power to save her. Additionally, you have given her a warm and loving home. :(

---
Wendy
---

merjen

Arachnopeon
maybe if... :?

MizM,

I just read through this entire thread and was thinking... if her last difficult molt worked itself out after you put her in the sun for a little while, that possibly could have been what got her through it, maybe the same would be a good idea to try this time, maybe leaving her alone and in her normal enclosure with just a few mists and a little sunlight would be better than a small space filled with wet cotton, maybe its too wet for her, you mentioned how last time this happened she was strangly damp. If she is just old and dying :( she would end upside down, and if she is molting she would be best on her back... maybe just put her back in, on her back and just try not to touch her or anything, seems that after she is bothered she waits a while to make sure there is no danger before continuing, wait and see, the writhing movement could be her trying to get the moult started, she seems to be tough skinned.
All of this is just a thought and I am not an expert. Take it with a grain of salt, I feel for you and I hope she is ok!

T.Blondi owner and loving it

Last edited:

Tamara

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could it be that in the past the sunbean gave her the extra heat she needed? I can't think of any other reason why the sun would have helped. If it is another difficult moult perhaps more heat is the answer. Not just warmth, but lots of heat. Could the body fluids and lubrication for a moult be affected by more heat, I wonder?
Tamara