Help.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by steve055
Its Opistophthalmus sp. probably O. Boehmi.
I posted pics somewhere in this scorpion forum of a scorpion that was sold to me as O. Boehmi.
Ed

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry guys, I'm gonna have to go with O. ecristatus on this one.

Lighter coloration between the tergite segments is more common in O. ecristatus color morphs than any color morph I have seen or heard of with O. boehmi, not to mention, most O. boehmi color morphs in the US tend to have a lighter vesicule than the rest of the cauda.

This light of coloration would be virtually unheard of in the color morphs of glabifrons found in the US. Though all are possible, I still must go with ecristatus.

Looks just like the ones I have that are on the way here now. If I recall correctly, the importer said they are being exported and collected from Southern Africa (will find out an exact locale if possible and post info I find). I can get a Scorpionidae Opisto species list from that immediate area to determine species.

adios,
edw. :)

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is there a common name for these little scorps.?
would you believe the person i got them from said
he bought them as "desert forest scorps..LOL

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Cronoss
"desert forest scorps
What the hell?> How can something be from both? *lmao* Sorry. Well, I suppose that's because it was shaped like a forest scorp and colored like a desert scorp.

I'm not exactly sure what the common name is for the O. ecristatus, if that is the common name you are in search of (so many possibilities were spoken and I'm not sure which opinion you were in search of).

adios,
edw. :D

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After doing some research online i agree that O.ecristatus
is the closest id.I've never come across these in the hobby before.
I want to add these to my forsale list.but i wanna have a good Id first.
thanks to everyone who replied.

Bryan

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I believe I purchased mine as South African Tricolor scorps, just to give you an idea of a possible common.

No prob. I love scorps! So cool and so cute and so, hiding all the time! :D

adios,
edw.