Help

Arachnidaddy

Arachnopeon
Longtime lurker, first time post.
Love the board, and the community and all things arachnid.

I've had this pinktoe juvenile for almost a year now, and she's been receptive to eating when I first acquired her. That was until September of 2020 and she's completely started to reject food.
Meaning she will attack, but not kill. She'll pounce hard enough to break the leg off of a freshly molted cricket, but she can't kill it.
Her abdomen is bald as well, small grayish patch too.

When I first got her I fed her two small crickets twice a week for about three months or so.

She had a mold scare back in October/November but I was able to remove the stick, scrub the tank and replace the substrate as soon as I notice the smell and look.

Idk if I've made a problem in my rearing but if there's any advice or wisdom from other handlers, please give me all the criticism.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have pictures of her? How big is she? When did she last molt? Did she start rejecting food immediately after a molt, or did it start out of the blue?

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Mature male, they can be identified by emboli on the pedipalps and tibial hooks. Often, mature males will not eat anymore or as frequently because their instinct shifts to finding a mate. Need pics to confirm though.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Try to get a few good pictures of the pedipalps from the front. If there's a pink/reddish bulb looking thing on each, she's a he. We can confirm with the pics.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Usually there shouldn’t be enough moisture in an Avicularia enclosure for wood to mold, keep it dry with a water dish.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Longtime lurker, first time post.
Love the board, and the community and all things arachnid.

I've had this pinktoe juvenile for almost a year now, and she's been receptive to eating when I first acquired her. That was until September of 2020 and she's completely started to reject food.
Meaning she will attack, but not kill. She'll pounce hard enough to break the leg off of a freshly molted cricket, but she can't kill it.
Her abdomen is bald as well, small grayish patch too.

When I first got her I fed her two small crickets twice a week for about three months or so.

She had a mold scare back in October/November but I was able to remove the stick, scrub the tank and replace the substrate as soon as I notice the smell and look.

Idk if I've made a problem in my rearing but if there's any advice or wisdom from other handlers, please give me all the criticism.
And you know this is a female how?!

Sure reads like a MM going to die in the near future.