Help?

Logann

Arachnopeon
Have been struggling to maintain emperor humidity. Haven’t had problem with any other enclosures or animals and would love to hear some suggestions. The substrate is a mix 50/50 mix of peat moss and eco earth. Which is at least three inches deep maybe 4. Have to spray VERY often to reach 70% humidity. Have also read that condensation can mean to much humidity in enclosures which is now present. I am just wanting to know what IM doing wrong or if I’m doing something right. Been messing with it for a week now and can’t figure out it out and just want to make sure I’m doing the best I can for it’s health.

Attachments

Logann

Arachnopeon
Typical screen wasn’t sure what would be best and deep dome with a 50wat zoomed inferred red light. It keeps the tank at about 76-84 degrees at least the farthest that I’ve seen it range and have been keeping very close eye on this for last week.

Ncshooter

Arachnosquire
Cover 75-85% of the screen with foil or saran wrap. That ir lamp will bake the substrate, so the foil will help keep it in while still giving you some ventilation. Springtails will deal with any mold from the humidity boost if you haven't already added some.

Logann

Arachnopeon
Alright I will do so right away I thought it may be the light but wasn’t entirely sure being that I haven’t had this problem. Springtails are on the way ordered them after realizing the moisture required for them to be healthy. This is first scorpion if couldn’t tell but have not had the same problem with any my tarantulas. Also I’ve been trying very hard to make everything perfect before putting enclosure in proper place. Thank you so much for your time and suggestions it means more then I could explain. The stress of trying to make it perfect without stressing the scorpion out has been driving me crazy. Thanks again