Help?

Adubblj

Arachnopeon
My Brachypelma Vagans has sealed her burrow off. It has been sealed for a month or two. Any slight movement on the seal make her give a threat posture. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? She hasn't been out of her burrow in months and I have no way of seeing if shes in premolt.

Attachments

Poonjab

Arachnoking
She’s going to molt. Leave her alone. She’ll come out when ready

Adubblj

Arachnopeon
Yeah I kinda figured, but she likes to sit right behind it. But yeah ill leave her alone

cold blood

Staff member
You dont need to know when its pre molt, thats on the animal....it will emerge after it molts, whenever that might be....if the t is an adult, it could be a long wait, especially if it was fed generously.

Adubblj

Arachnopeon
It has been fed generously. I like to feed my Ts once a week. My adults depending on how big, twice a month

Axiom

Arachnopeon
My Brachypelma Vagans has sealed her burrow off. It has been sealed for a month or two. Any slight movement on the seal make her give a threat posture. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? She hasn't been out of her burrow in months and I have no way of seeing if shes in premolt.
Just wait for it to come out on its own. My albopilosum has also been in its sealed burrow for the past seven days too

omni

Arachnobaron
NW T's do seem to take their sweet time when molting gets near, the bigger they are seem to take longer. Aphanopelma can be really slow. I had a 4" seemanni stopped eating for 4 months then was sealed in for 3 more. my T. albo's seem to get it over with relatively fast tho.