HELP!!!

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
So weird. Do the new ones ever become, like, normal?
Just FYI, this thread is mostly people messing around and joking. They are talking about tarantulas molting, when they shed their exoskeleton in order to grow bigger. Their old exoskeleton looks like another shriveled tarantula. Tarantulas do not clone themselves.

Did you see my other reply though? I don't think your T is on proper substrate, and would love to see a picture of the whole setup that it is living in.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Don’t forget not to feed it or get it wet after midnight or else it will literally jump into the air and start flying around and it might go for your jugular.
Obviously you are a newbie who doesn't know the difference between Old Worlds, which display the behavior you described, and New Worlds, which cannot jump. Plus only NW mature females can fly.
And THIS is why we advocate the ladder system.

Titandan

Arachnopeon
View attachment 313046 Is my li’l Snuggle-Bum Aragog III in pre-molt???!!! I laid a super worm on its chest and it didn’t seem to want to eat. It also seems very lethargic, so I have been gently poking it with a paint brush, and pouring water on it. Should I construct an ICU?!
Keep poking it! LOL
But seriously... I could see why people would get freaked out lol

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
WHAT?!? So I rehoused it for nothing?!? That's crap.:rage:
Well, not entirely, how long had it been since the last rehouse? I rehouse mine once a week for their scheduled enclosure cleanings and fang brushing! That reminds me I need to get more toothpaste...

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Well, not entirely, how long had it been since the last rehouse? I rehouse mine once a week for their scheduled enclosure cleanings and fang brushing! That reminds me I need to get more toothpaste...
Well I dont typically rehouse that often, but I do change the substrate every day. Don't want to get mold!

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Well I dont typically rehouse that often, but I do change the substrate every day. Don't want to get mold!
See I’m hard on my kids I make them clean out there own enclosures still can’t get them to eat there veg but any tips?

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
See I’m hard on my kids I make them clean out there own enclosures still can’t get them to eat there veg but any tips?
I find it a good method to put the veggies on a bass guitar and leave the enclosure open. Strumming attracts them and then they feel the vibes/energy and eat

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
I find it a good method to put the veggies on a bass guitar and leave the enclosure open. Strumming attracts them and then they feel the vibes/energy and eat
Okay I will try that for there daily feeding tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes wish me luck

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Okay I will try that for there daily feeding tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes wish me luck
You only feed once a day?!? What is WRONG with you? You need to find someone that can take better care of those babies immediately.

ghostly

Arachnopeon
Really weird that some of you claim to be experienced keepers, yet you don't know that tarantulas clone themselves by splitting. It's a process called exosceletal parthenogenesis. Very fascinating.

One thing you need to remember is: Even if your original fluffy snuggle butt has been defanged, like any tarantula in captivity should be, the clone will still have fangs!! Make sure to get your clones defanged, otherwise it's poisonous and will bite your other pets/kids/mother-in-law when you let it roam around free in your house to give it some exercise.