HELP!!

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
That's premolt... will pop any minute. Literally. (not literally pop lol, it should molt very soon)

After it molts, and hardens up. You need to get rid of those wood chips, and replace it with eco earth or topsoil.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah, what @Ghost56 said. Post a picture of the entire enclosure, please.

What prompted you to think that it was at death's door, exactly?

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
Alright I will, i saw it struggling moving around with the dirt so i didn't know if i should have left it like that or not. But thank you a bunch!!!

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
I read that if you get crickets outside it could have been bad for the spider because of pesticides and I was giving my crickets (i bought at a pet store) an orange which I didn't know wether or not it has pesticides so I thought that maybe the pesticides could have gotten from the orange to the cricket and then my tarantula.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I read that if you get crickets outside it could have been bad for the spider because of pesticides and I was giving my crickets (i bought at a pet store) an orange which I didn't know wether or not it has pesticides so I thought that maybe the pesticides could have gotten from the orange to the cricket and then my tarantula.
If the orange didn't kill the crickets then the food is most likely safe. Crickets are fragile creatures.

Axel Martinez

Arachnopeon
If the orange didn't kill the crickets then the food is most likely safe. Crickets are fragile creatures.
Yea, as soon as i was typing it I realized that that wouldn't be right. But with this confirming it I can say that now it's twice as right :)).

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Well the new vegan diet for tarantulas is going to be really popular
Hah! Vegans....hype food. Next thing you know they'll be eating mealworms and crickets because it is a much more sustainable food source!
Oh wait.......
:D