Help...!!

spider freak

Arachnopeon
Hi guys i wonder if someone can assist me..

I have a Salmon Pink Birdeater that wemt missing about 2 months ago.. I thought she was long dead but when i got up this morning found her in my bathroom up in the corner..

Her bum is very small and as i know thats a sign of dehydration it worries me.. Shes about 15cm in leg span. Shes never been aggressive. I have read alot about the dehydration and i attempted to pick her up to flip her to put water on her fangs but she fights against ot and doesnt allow me to hold her flipped... Ive put her in a smaller tank , ive offered her food but shes not interested. Ive made her peat moist and she is walking around. Her limbs all moving in coordination. Im just worried about her bum as i also dunno how long ago she ate?

Any suggestions or help will be grately appreciated

user 666

Arachnobaron
"I attempted to pick her up to flip her to put water on her fangs"

Why would you do that? That is not a natural position for a T, so no wonder it would resist.

Just put a water dish in the enclosure. If the T is thirsty, it will drink.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bunyan van Asten

Arachnoknight

I have a Salmon Pink Birdeater that wemt missing about 2 months ago.. I thought she was long dead but when i got up this morning found her in my bathroom up in the corner..

Her bum is very small and as i know thats a sign of dehydration it worries me.. Shes about 15cm in leg span. Shes never been aggressive. I have read alot about the dehydration and i attempted to pick her up to flip her to put water on her fangs but she fights against ot and doesnt allow me to hold her flipped... Ive put her in a smaller tank , ive offered her food but shes not interested. Ive made her peat moist and she is walking around. Her limbs all moving in coordination. Im just worried about her bum as i also dunno how long ago she ate?

Start bybputting her in her old enclosure, and letting her acclimate for About half an hour. After that feed her a small prey item. I don't know what else you should do otherwise.

spider freak

Arachnopeon

Why would you do that? That is not a natural position for a T, so no wonder it would resist.

Sorr i read on many sites to lift her and put drops of water on her fangs and thats what i was attempting to do

spider freak

Arachnopeon
I have
Start bybputting her in her old enclosure, and letting her acclimate for About half an hour. After that feed her a small prey item. I don't know what else you should do otherwise.
I have her in a smaller enclosure as her one is quite big but ive put new peat and water in her old tank Amd will move her across. Thank you

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
Ppl generally do that when they find their T in what's known as the start of a death curl. Put it back in its home, fill the water dish full, leave her be for a bit let her get re acclimated before trying to offer food. Tarantulas are pretty hardy.

cold blood

Staff member

Nothing you describe indicates dehydration to me.

A very small rump isn't a sign of dehydration (a shriveled one is), its merely a sign of a recent molt...there's probably an old exo laying around in some corner of the house.

Sorr i read on many sites to lift her and put drops of water on her fangs and thats what i was attempting to do
Ts you do this for are in no condition to fight you, yours is clearly in better shape than you expect.

I have

I have her in a smaller enclosure as her one is quite big but ive put new peat and water in her old tank Amd will move her across. Thank you
Smaller enclosure is good.

Give it a day or three to re-acclimate and offer pre-killed prey...keeping in mind that it feasibly could have molted recently and just need more time.

Best of luck, I suspect it will be just fine in the long run.

spider freak

Arachnopeon
How is it with her? Is she doing okay now?
Hi. She is doing alot better thank you. By the next morning she looked to be going into a death curl and walking very wonky. We placed her in an ICU container for 2 days and after looking much stronger we rehoused her in her old tank. She is walking well and her abdomen looks healthy again. Although she still isnt eating??? We working out from her last moult that she could possibly be in premolt.. But i still keep offering food every 2nd to 3rd day but shes not interested in it. We have tried offering a dead cricket as well (some sites suggested this after the ICU) but she takes no notice to it either. We estimated she should molt anytime from now till end of April.. So finger crossed that she is just in premolt. But she looks herself again and definitley better than when i found her. Thank you for everyones advice and help

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member

What is wrong with you? A person comes here asking for help and you act like that? Learn some decency. Also learn a bit about tarantulas while you're at it, because that's a standard practice for a dehydrated tarantula. The OP may have misdiagnosed dehydration, but at least he did research on how to treat it.

@spider freak, I promise you that this community isn't what you initially saw in this thread. If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
What is wrong with you? A person comes here asking for help and you act like that? Learn some decency. Also learn a bit about tarantulas while you're at it, because that's a standard practice for a dehydrated tarantula. The OP may have misdiagnosed dehydration, but at least he did research on how to treat it.

@spider freak, I promise you that this community isn't what you initially saw in this thread. If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask.
:rofl: <-- not to you man, eh... but to the whole thing at 360°