Help!

Bazaar tooheys

Arachnopeon
My scorpion is being weird! She keeps walking up an down the length of the tank then tries to climb in the corner then just sits there for ages. Is she okay? And do you think she preg or just fat. 1st pet, I'm worried! IMG_20160801_134545.jpg IMG_20160801_134413.jpg

Holdenon5

Arachnopeon
Looks to be a Heterometrus and they need humid conditions up to around 85%. Take sand out and put in damp coconut fiber

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
As he's from Australia, it looks similar to the genus Urodacus which you find there

--- doesnt look like Heterometrus to me!

Any aussies on the board>?

Nella Bella

Arachnopeon
My child lives in coconut pete, humidity i try to keep between 60-70%, temp in high 20's for a Urodacus Novaehollandiae... Its hard to tell without know the exact species name.

Attachments

Bazaar tooheys

Arachnopeon
When I first got I just had soil/Coco peat mix. I got a tank from a friend. It was already full of sand. I spread the soil/Coco on one side with logs, bark and leaves. I have 6 bags of sub on order to replace the sand which should arrive next week. I didn't want wait, felt bad keeping her in lil box.

Bazaar tooheys

Arachnopeon
I don't have humidity or thermometer yet, also waiting. I have a spray bottle I use everyday to keep the moisture in and recently added a water dish. I was told she doesn't need water but soon as I put it in she ran for it, sat there drinking all nite. Poor girl was so thirsty.. I think that may have been the problem.. I was pretty worried.

Bazaar tooheys

Arachnopeon
Hey shining! Yea irodacus manicatus yea? And I'm from Australia 100%, Sydney boy born and bred. Who else is Aussie here?

Bazaar tooheys

Arachnopeon
Also guy I got her from said she was pregnant (or gravid right?) Wot do u guys think? Am I gonna have a brood of my own?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey shining! Yea irodacus manicatus yea? And I'm from Australia 100%, Sydney boy born and bred. Who else is Aussie here?
I don't know if it's a Urodacus manicatus. That's just a guess. Your pics are too blurry to say without a doubt. There is another Australian person here, she showed herself in one of the other comments on this thread.

You may indeed have a brood on the way too.

Nella Bella

Arachnopeon
I don't have humidity or thermometer yet, also waiting. I have a spray bottle I use everyday to keep the moisture in and recently added a water dish. I was told she doesn't need water but soon as I put it in she ran for it, sat there drinking all nite. Poor girl was so thirsty.. I think that may have been the problem.. I was pretty worried.
Hey @Bazaar towhees if it is indeed a blackrock (irodacuk manicatus) then make sure the coco peat is damp only not saturated. :) Glad she likes the water bowl too!