Help!!!

DiVinE

Arachnopeon
I just got a taranutula and have pratically no idea what im doing... HELP

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
You've come to the right place. Start searching these boards and read . . . read . . . read. Start with the stickies at the top of this forum, and you'll be all set.

Oh, and welcome to the addiction ;) - - you'll have more in no time.

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, congrats on the tarantula! You better learn to use the search function before the search police come!:rolleyes:

DiVinE

Arachnopeon
I dont know what spider it is im going to take a picture and post hopefully I can get more info that way

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Doing some research *before* getting any living creature is usually the best thing to do.

Maybe instead of saying just "Help", please ask some specific questions.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but wouldn't the more logical process be to read up on tarantula care before jumping head first into a purchase and then being stuck having "practically no idea" what you're doing?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but wouldn't the more logical process be to read up on tarantula care before jumping head first into a purchase and then being stuck having "practically no idea" what you're doing?
+++++++++++1:clap:

DiVinE

Arachnopeon
Or maybe my friend was going to kill it and I gave it a home...

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lolita

Arachnoknight
Or maybe my friend was going to kill it and I gave it a home...
typically if you report someone for threatening to kill a pet to animal control local HS/reptile/invert rescues will take them and adopt them out i've done it before.

EDIT: also you have a rose hair tarantula

Last edited:

DiVinE

Arachnopeon
Why would I report my friend... I just took it and now im trying to take care of it and any help would be appreciated

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
OK guys the OP was doing somthing nice for the animal! To thhe OP, that is a common G. rosea and requires very little. just a tank or some sort of container with substrate (eco earth is good stuff) a water dish and a hide. Very simple, good luck!

DiVinE

Arachnopeon
I have a 10 gallon, I have a 20 on order I have a water bowl and a cut out log thing

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

what about lights though and what should the temp and humidity be?

Lolita

Arachnoknight
okay first what kind of setup do you have it in?
second heres a good rose hair care sheet http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=5292

be forewarned rosies have a tendency to be pet rocks (just sit there do nothing) be moody (or bi polar in my largest rosies case) and go off food but don't worry they're much hardier than most people think on the plus side at least you rescued something that isn't very venomous nor all that aggressive for your first T

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

I have a 10 gallon, I have a 20 on order I have a water bowl and a cut out log thing

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

what about lights though and what should the temp and humidity be?
10 gallon is fine for adult t's i typically depending on the species use 5 to 10 gallon tanks 20 is over kill lights aren't needed for T's the humidity can be relatively low just keep a shallow water dish in the enclosure and what is your room tempature?

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Look at the top of the forum. Read the stickies. If you have more questions after that, ask.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
Once again - read the stickies at the top of the forum - - - there's even one specifically for new G. rosea owners . . . ie:you.