Help

Danutzu333

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone I am new on this forum.I have a L. Parahybana(Brazilian Salmon Pink Tarantula) by four days she have 1" approximate 3 cm. Substrate is Coco Humus i do not have hygrometer or thermometer but i wet substrate in corners. In "terrarium"(is a box by plastic) is a hideout which is actually a tube of toothpicks and a shell tarantula only stand in hiding and did not eat since I have. Not hardly walk much sorry for my bad English I translated with Google Translator some parts and sorry for a wrong section if necessary a moderator to please move my post where I have.And I don't know what to feed him because it's small.I have only mealworms.Thanks

Last edited:

webbedone

Arachnobaron
It maybe a sign of a molt getting ready to happen a picture would help

Den

Arachnosquire
I think I see a black spot. Looks like it may moult soon, which is why is isn't eating. also, what is the temperature in your room if you have no heat source. They should be kept around 75-82 degrese F.

Danutzu333

Arachnopeon
Yes it is a black spot further back but he ate last night eat a mealworm but I see another forum the spiderlings eat before 2 or 3 days before moult.Thanks for answer in my room is 77-86 degres F I believe that the plastic is higher temperature.Thanks for tips,I quietly.

kingston

Arachnopeon
i have a 2cm a.genic it molted february 7 but i fed him on february 6 and molted perfectly. he/she would be fine.

Danutzu333

Arachnopeon
Well I think it's better if he/she eat before the moult to accumulate more fluid and help to moult.It's good as I say?

fatich

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This abdomen is pretty fat and its fat enough for him/her to molt.Dont disturb him/her,just leave alone. ;)

Stanky

Arachnopeon
Yea I was thinking it lookd kinda fat as well. I would guess its about to molt too. I hear not to feed it for about a week or 2 after the molt. This run true with bigger Ts too?

Danutzu333

Arachnopeon
This abdomen is pretty fat and its fat enough for him/her to molt.Dont disturb him/her,just leave alone. ;)
OK thanks for advice.Approximately when will moult?

Yea I was thinking it lookd kinda fat as well. I would guess its about to molt too. I hear not to feed it for about a week or 2 after the molt. This run true with bigger Ts too?
Yes It is really a week is strongly recommended to give food.