Help!

lala

Arachnopeon
My bf is watching my spider and she is curled a little and im trying to save her..she hasn't been eating the cricket for like 3 weeks ..so he put her in the ICU today.How long do i keep her in it and what do i do about her not eating

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do you mean by curled a little?

A spider not eating for 3 weeks is nothing. It is probably in premolt.

lala

Arachnopeon
her legs are curled under..My bf sent a video and she was on her side but now she is on her stomach barely moving

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
her legs are curled under..My bf sent a video and she was on her side but now she is on her stomach barely moving
So the legs are cured under and not just scrunched up against her?

Could you post a pic?

Balkastalkman

Arachnosquire
That T is dying. Try putting her in an ICU.

You can also try hydrating her. Put her in a container on a tilt so that its fangs are in water but its abdomen is not.

Doesnt look like dehydration though. It might be DKS or something. In that case there is nothing u can do...

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Honestly, it looks like it was molting. It appears it never flipped over and just started the molt on the side. When a T goes into a death curl, it doesn't just twitch like that (none that I've seen). When they molt, they will twitch as they are pushing themselves out. This would also explain the fasting. If it was in fact molting, by moving it into an ICU, you have done more bad than good. I could be wrong, but I have never seen a twitching death curl, which is why I believe molt, that along with the fasting. Regardless, what's done is done, and an ICU might save it if it hasnt already gotten too stressed from the move. Keep it in the ICU in a warm dark place and leave it alone and hope for the best.

QuantumGears

Arachnopeon
I hope your T pulls through this but on an unrelated note, what are you using for substrate? It looks like bark chips, but it could just be me not seeing correctly. You should switch to a non abrasive substrate such as cocoa fiber as it won't cause your tarantula any injury.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
it looks like an tarantula that started molting on its side if it was dieing i don't thing it would have then energy to compulse like that it also looks like it has its feet in its mouth maybe cleaning? tell you boyfriend to maybe look into her mouth

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it looks like an tarantula that started molting on its side if it was dieing i don't thing it would have then energy to compulse like that it also looks like it has its feet in its mouth maybe cleaning? tell you boyfriend to maybe look into her mouth
If it looks like it was molting, why would you give the advice of looking into its mouth?

OP ~ since it has already been moved, have him leave it alone. In the video it does look more like it was trying to molt, and not like it was dying. The video quality is pretty poor though and the carapace is in shadows, so I can't see if it had popped up yet. Good luck and I hope the T pulls through whatever it was going through.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
because it looks like it could be molting OR cleaning it looks like it has its feet in its mouth in a way IT IS SLANTED so i would imagine you could use a flash light to look at the mouth im just trying to give ideas