help

ekram26

Arachnopeon
i have a flat rock scorpion i had it for almost 6 months now and i just bought a lamp for extra heat inside the tank for it is winter here in where i am and the other i notice something strange with my pet its right tentacle or arm is straight and he can't move it....:confused: and by the way he hasn't eaten in a month now....:confused:......can somebody help me or provide some information on how ar what possibly happened......thanks

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That is interesting. I haven't heard this one yet. :?

Have you checked the temps with the new heat lamp? Does it have shade inside it's cage?

Are there any other symptoms showing? Is it shaking a lot?

Can you get close to it and check for mites? look around joints, eyes, and pectines if possible.

How old is it? Or what size is it?

Hmm. I really don't know right now. But if you answer these questions, I may come up with some ideas, or more likely, someone else may know.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The "arm" might be dead. I have a one "armed" Hadogenes. I just waited for weeks to make sure it was dead. I stuck a light underneath and saw that the muscles had all dried and had hollowed in the chela so I cut it off because it was just in her way. She's OK though, can catch food well enough and even bred, no babies yet though.

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an emp that seems to have some sort of disability with both of its arms. It can't extend them and it can hardly open them to capture prey. I literally have to spoon feed it because that's the only way it's going to eat. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm interested to find out.

ekram26

Arachnopeon
scorpion gone

my scorpion died 4 days ago.....i have no idea why.....i bought a tarantula.....so that's what i have now.....its a cross between Lasidiora Parhybana and Lasiodora Difficilis....its still a spiderling......and since its a cross-breed i am quite confused on how to care for it.....it is now in hiding in the sort of "cave" that i had for the scorpion, is it good that he/she does that? and the temperature inside the tank says 68 - 70 degrees F, is that alright? and how will i know that i have the right humidity? sorry i have lots of questions.....i am doing my research but its quite confusing to me because i have to compare 2 species......i find it hard to decide in which care sheet to follow......

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have a flat rock scorpion i had it for almost 6 months now and i just bought a lamp for extra heat inside the tank for it is winter here in where i am and the other i notice something strange with my pet its right tentacle or arm is straight and he can't move it....:confused: and by the way he hasn't eaten in a month now....:confused:......can somebody help me or provide some information on how ar what possibly happened......thanks

Too bad it already died.
Straightened (or even bend backwards) pedipalps are a sign of severe dehydration. This could have been the case. It could also been some injury.