Help!

M

Mark

Hi all, im sure this seems very insignificant to all of you but is a big deal to me. My tarantula (A.Geniculata, 3inch juvie)'s bald spot has turned black but i fugured it would stop eating when it wanted so i dropped in another cricket today and the spider was not her usual self at all, she took no notice to the cricket and was probabaly just being stressed by it. Anyways, the cricket has evaded me many times when i tried to get it out and not its in my t's hiding place and wont come out and theres no real way i can get it out until it leaves and i can try and catch it again. The last thing i want is for my T to die in a molt due to stress of the friggen cricket i dropped in there and couldnt get out!

Any tips or help would be appreciated,

Mark

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Mark, calm down ! Here is what you do.....put a small bottle (like a prescription drug bottle or something small like it) in one corner of the T's cage. Then in the deep end of the bottle, put something TASTY like a piece of dog or cat kibble. (if you dont have dog or cat barrow a peice from someone or at the very least put something tasty in there like cracker crumbs or fruit or veggie)
Then wait. Sooner or later that cricket will be in there garunteed !

WOrks for me !!

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the suggestion, ill use it next time as it has been much less hassel than what i have gone through. I got the cricket out and all is good so Scott please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks,

Mark

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can delete it yourself... go to your original post and hit the "edit" button at the bottom right. There should be an option to delete it and since it was the original post in the thread, it will delete the whole thread.

Botar

Edit: With that being said, I wouldn't delete it. That was an excellent solution to what is probably a common problem.

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Spider savior's idea actually would have really helped me a few weeks back.. I had a T go into moult with a cricket in there. I have a hard time getting to crickets too because they go into hiding under the T's log. In the future, I think I'll use that technique. Unfortunately, that T died but maybe I can save my other T's in the future :)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by veronyka
Spider savior's idea actually would have really helped me a few weeks back.. I had a T go into moult with a cricket in there. I have a hard time getting to crickets too because they go into hiding under the T's log. In the future, I think I'll use that technique. Unfortunately, that T died but maybe I can save my other T's in the future :)
Sorry to hear that. Was it due to the cricket or some other problem?

Botar