Help with wierd spot on Rose Haired T.

Odd Goat

Arachnopeon
I recently received 2 Tarantulas from a person who I felt was very incapable of taking care of any kind of animal.

Both of their tanks were kept in a garage where her parents would go to smoke with no kind of ventilation. Their water dishes were dry and she said that she hadn't fed them in a month because she "forgot".

As I was checking the T's out to see how okay they were, I noticed a really weird spot on the Rose hair. The other T. just has a large bald spot. Is this something I should be really concerned about or what can I do? 20170226_184109.jpg

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That's appears to be a bald spot, even Rosie's will kick hairs when stressed to much. It also appears to be very near a molt because the underlying skin is very dark to black. Please make sure it has a full clean water dish as T's near a molt will drink quite a bit to help with the molting process Since G. porteri are notorious for fasting and this one looks to have a large abdomen it may not eat till it molts

Odd Goat

Arachnopeon
That's appears to be a bald spot, even Rosie's will kick hairs when stressed to much. It also appears to be very near a molt because the underlying skin is very dark to black. Please make sure it has a full clean water dish as T's near a molt will drink quite a bit to help with the molting process.
Thank you very much, I was just really worried that she was hurt.

cold blood

Staff member
Thank you very much, I was just really worried that she was hurt.
nope...and a month without food for a rose hair is nothing, they can go a year or more......in fact, they have about as low of a food requirement as any t. I feed mine twice a month, just one feeder at a time.

Looks perfectly healthy...in fact, as plump as it is, I would be shocked if it would even want to eat.