Help with sling...

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How do I take care of a G. areostriata sling...and what do I house it in...thank you!!!Never had a sling! :eek:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I have read about most of the Grammostola spp. is that they need more floor space than height in their cages.....so, for a little guy you could get a small deli cup with air holes, put a bit of peat moss/vermiculite in it, mist it with a water bottle every day or two.....throw in some pinhead crickets every few days, and your beastie should be good to go until it gets bigger.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Give it 1-2in substrate so it can dig if it wants to. Aureos can be kept dry. But don't forget to provide it with a water source, for example a bottle cap with fresh water.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How do I take care of a G. areostriata sling...and what do I house it in...thank you!!!Never had a sling! :eek:

How big is it? If its an inch or so, I would keep it in a deli cup with an inch or two of peat. I don't use water dishes at that size, I just spray droplets of water on the sides of the cup once a week. Feed it appropriate sized crickets once a week and it should do fine.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
But don't forget to provide it with a water source, for example a bottle cap with fresh water.
Which the aureo will flip and bury in dirt the second you turn your back. {D Mine's like 2" now and still can't have a bottlecap, because I just end up having to dig to the bottom of the critter keeper to find the thing the next day.

Seems to still be doing well with me wetting one corner of the substrate 1-2x a week, nice round well-hydrated butt and everything. :) Hopefully when it's bigger I can get a water bowl too heavy to flip over.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) This lil guy is the size of a pencl eraser sooo small! Sooo bald, and soo cute! It can kill its own prey at this size? I was thinking it just needed water, like a plant until it grew teeth, fangs, lol:?

adbdasT

Arachnopeon
I've had to kill all the crickets before feeding my A. Chacoana sling. One to two decent feedings should do fine in between moults at that size. Yeah, it doesn't seem like much, but little guys like that are growing extremely fast, should moult every 3 wks or so.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All of my slings have been able to kill their own prey, and theyre only about a qaurter inch long.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
Which the aureo will flip and bury in dirt the second you turn your back. {D Mine's like 2" now and still can't have a bottlecap, because I just end up having to dig to the bottom of the critter keeper to find the thing the next day.

Seems to still be doing well with me wetting one corner of the substrate 1-2x a week, nice round well-hydrated butt and everything. :) Hopefully when it's bigger I can get a water bowl too heavy to flip over.
Well, at least it gets something to play with :D

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yeah, mine used to do that too. Now it just piles substrate in it.:D

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Chaco hasn't buried her water dishes yet...she loves wrestling with me for them sometimes though when i'm going to fill them. LOL

~Fred