Help with pricing

what would be a good price to sell A. iodius slings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As some of you know I have hatched out a very viable sack of A.iodius (thee most docile specie's I have ever seen) Now as far as I know I am the only person in the hobby that has this specie and will be selling them. and as far as I know I am the first person to have these as Captive Born. but what I am wondering is what you people think would be a good price to sell these at so I have set up a poll to help me come up with a good price. now keep in mind all the time I have spent in bring these to the table, catching them which took hours in the hot vegas sun . so please be fair

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i am assuming slings of about 1/2" or so?
there is a guy in Austin who has them on occasion but theya re adults and he is really high for them. He was supposed to be breeing them but i havent heard how it went

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am assuming slings of about 1/2" or so?
there is a guy in Austin who has them on occasion but theya re adults and he is really high for them. He was supposed to be breeing them but i havent heard how it went
is his name Dave?

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yes. dave has my MM A.moderatum right now for his breeding project...

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not sure but I will take a few 5$ slings :rolleyes:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
dave has like two or three females...so hopefully he'll get a few hundred slings. he plans on releasing a majority of them and if i'm lucky i could end up with like 100 of them :cool:

$5 each? that's like a highway robbery :8o

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ive seen several species sell for 5 bucks as small slings. I dont know why. I suppose like everything else its supply and demand. If you ahve more than people want they are cheap if you have more people wanting them than there is a supply then they are going to be higher.

I saw blue form A. seemani on the boards for 5 bucks and passed them up lol i wanted one so bad for a good while but now its like big deal a black bug with some bluish tint... But im not gonna give 200 bucks for a 1/2" sling period lol i dont care if its a P. metallica lol

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
generally, it's pretty much an equation with the variables of how much an average keeper like this specie, how many WC ones are collected and sold in the given area and how likely are they to breed in captivity. if P.metallica reproduced like L.parahybana, granted everyone would still want a couple so they would probably be still expensive initially, but quickly becomes cheap.

A.moderatum is sometimes hailed as the most attractive native specie, and not that many of them are around. slings of these are usually in the $20-$25 region i guess...

Joe1968

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
oh my I havent been in this forum in a long very time, is this another new Ts specie? butI'll take a fewfor $5, LOL.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If people will happily pay $5 then that prob means underpriced. I'd charge a bit more, see what success you get, and if you don't get much maybe after a time drop the prices a bit...depends how quick you want rid.

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I voted U$5, as I would have to still add postage, customs, etc.

If I were in your area, U$10 would be fine for me. (This without even knowing what they look like!!) {D

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't mind paying $8-$10 for one. but it's gonna be a couple years before they'll even look anything like their parents though. :rolleyes:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldn't mind paying $8-$10 for one. but it's gonna be a couple years before they'll even look anything like their parents though. :rolleyes:
a couple lol hmmm optomistic arent we lol
yeah they grow slooow but i like them

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am glad people did not talk this way when P. metallica first came about or should I say more than half of the species new to the hobbie.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am glad people did not talk this way when P. metallica first came about or should I say more than half of the species new to the hobbie.
yeah , i still wouldnt mind paying 8-10 for a P. metallica lol but ...
what bothers me about small slings is sfter raising them for 2 years theya re worth the same as they were when you got them. I mean i have seen them sell for say 20 bucks as a 1/2" sling and then 20 bucks for a 1.5-2" lol
i suppose raising them for 2 years is worth nothing lol