Help with Pamphobeteus species

Burebista24

Arachnopeon
Hello guys! I need a little help. Does anyone have photos with adult females Pamphobeteus magnagenera, manabi or nigricolor? I don't find enough info about them
😅
Thank you in advance!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
What do you need pictures for? If it's for identifying them, you're going to have to rely on scientific papers. Because the entire Pamphobeteus genus is a mess and many are not properly identified. Also if possible, tracing back to origin of export or import would help to some extent if you're trying to identify them. A lot of Pamphobeteus species look alike with some species being an exception.

If you don't know what you're getting, you need to buy from someone you can trust. If not, I would steer away.

This is the scientific research I would start with for a beginner:

Burebista24

Arachnopeon
What do you need pictures for? If it's for identifying them, you're going to have to rely on scientific papers. Because the entire Pamphobeteus genus is a mess and many are not properly identified. Also if possible, tracing back to origin of export or import would help to some extent if you're trying to identify them. A lot of Pamphobeteus species look alike with some species being an exception.

If you don't know what you're getting, you need to buy from someone you can trust. If not, I would steer away.

This is the scientific research I would start with for a beginner:

Thank you for your recommendation I will read it when I have time.

I need pictures because a seller near me has these 3 species but it only has pictures with slings which all look nearly the same. I was just curious what's the difference between mature specimens since it's a slight difference in prices.

cold blood

Staff member
they tend to look very different depending on where they are in the molt cycle...for example, these are pics are of the same female nigricolor

Burebista24

Arachnopeon
they tend to look very different depending on where they are in the molt cycle...for example, these are pics are of the same female nigricolor

She looks so gorgeous! In your opinion which is the best Pampho species? :D

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That is easy to answer. P. solaris are the best and most distinct Pamphobeteus species of them all. They have amazing colors for both males and females. And they maintain those colors as adults as well.

cold blood

Staff member
there is no best....theyre all great with the same great feeding response and even the least impressive Pamph is still a mighty impressive t.

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I'm pretty partial to Pamphobeteus cf antinous 'big black' out of Peru and P. sp mascara. The first gets huge and intimidating, the second gets less huge and intimidating but looks great. All Pamphobeteus are awesome though.

Last edited:

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
I'd personally like to get my hands on P. sp. "Big Black" (Peruvian edition). Partly because we can at least be pretty sure where that comes from and that it's an actual species.

Burebista24

Arachnopeon
I'd personally like to get my hands on P. sp. "Big Black" (Peruvian edition). Partly because we can at least be pretty sure where that comes from and that it's an actual species.
Yes, I want to get one, I love their black color, but it seems that they are very hard to find in Europe :(

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
Pamphobeteus cf antinous 'big black' out of Peru
P. sp. "Big Black" (Peruvian edition)
What is the difference between these and Pamphobeteus antinous, if any? Are they different color forms of the same species? Different species altogether? Does anyone even know? I'm curious because I would definitely like to have a very large, jet black T someday. Those are both characteristics that appeal to me in Ts.

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
What is the difference between these and Pamphobeteus antinous, if any? Are they different color forms of the same species? Different species altogether? Does anyone even know? I'm curious because I would definitely like to have a very large, jet black T someday. Those are both characteristics that appeal to me in Ts.
They are different species based on locality, IIRC.