Help with new H. Lividium.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just got my new 5" female in the mail today, and she is all curled up in her little cup and won't move. I placed her in her new cage, but am kinda worried about her not moving. I used a syringe to blow on her to get a reaction and nothing. I then nudged her leg and she moved one of her legs a little bit. Anything I can do to help her or is she just stressed out and needs time?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just leave her be, she will come out when she is ready, she is probably stressed, best to leave her be for a few days, in the new tank start a burrow for her, she may or may not take to it, she will make her own or expand the prestarted one, it may take her a week or two to settle in, once she does you wont see much of her...

Regards, Mike

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok. I threw one cricket in there, and she didn't even act like it was there. I got a burrow started for her when she decides to come out. I'm going to put her home in a quiet dark spot for now then.

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If shes sat with her legs curled under her body....

Usually a sign of death.

Sorry :(

Kain

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok. I threw one cricket in there, and she didn't even act like it was there. I got a burrow started for her when she decides to come out. I'm going to put her home in a quiet dark spot for now then.

Remove the cricket and leave her be, let her settle in for a week or so before feeding...

Regards, Mike

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She may be cold. My Mum's Cobalt goes like that when she gets cold, to the extent you could pick up her legs with your fingers, her mat got turned off by mistake once. Cross your fingers that when she begins to warm up she will ok.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She doesn't have her legs curled under her, just bunched up to her side with her "knees" all bent inward. I went and put a towel over her cage instead of moving it, and then came back 10 minutes and took a peek and found this.

Scared me! Took it with my phone real quick.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well ours was very quiet when she arrived in the post. When she went into her tank she didn't burrow for about a week or so, she just sat about, only moving around after dark. She didn't show much interest in food either. Now she sits at the top of a very impressive burrow, and dissapears down it when we disturb the tank. Highly aggressive and tempermental don't fit her as a description. She is a shy and private spider.....that likes the warmth.

mr_x_plosion

Arachnopeon
Mine stayed in the pot for a few hours, then when she warmed up she got very lively, threat pose just with me putting the lid on, she soon used the cork bark as a hide.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She finally came out, but is scrunched up towards the side of her cage, not moving much. Still scared I guess. Here is a shot i just took.

kyrga

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Try not to worry too much. Just make sure there's some water in there nearby in case she's a little dehydrated, then leave her somewhere dark and quiet, and don't bug her for a few days. My avic has been in that position where her knees are all scrunched up, and it's always when she's stressed about something.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That little blue cap in the pic is fulll of water. right now he is all spread out in front of the hide I provided. Damn she is pretty!

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is lovely, and looks very ok to me. She will be fine. With a bit of luck she will burrow down the outside of the tank so you can see right down the burrow.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the digging can take a while, more than a week is not uncommen. enjoy your new t while you can see him/her. ;)

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gorgeous spider, too bad I don't have the cajones to get one (three babies at home).

Glad he finally came around!