Help with new H. Lividium.

Tyrannosaur

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow. It's been 9 days and she still hasn't burrowed yer. Today it looks like she started just a little bit on the whole I made for her. She has webbed the whole floor of her hide and the outside of it, and regularly sits outside of it. She must be still spooked or wierd.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
eh, mine didn't burrow for like a month, don't worry bout it. but if you are kinda nervous, you could do what i did with my first: start a burrow for her. mine took to it right away and had a complete burrow by morning. hope that helps. oh- and if you start a burrow for her, make it in a corner so you can look at her when she hides in her burrow ;)

Wow. It's been 9 days and she still hasn't burrowed yer. Today it looks like she started just a little bit on the whole I made for her. She has webbed the whole floor of her hide and the outside of it, and regularly sits outside of it. She must be still spooked or wierd.

Cannibalon

Arachnopeon
Good to hear she's doing well. I had a similar experience with my lividum. She first webbed herself into the corner of her tank and didn't even go for the hide for at least two weeks. It's been about 3 1/2 weeks now and she is resting comfortably in her burrow. I am sure yours will do fine.

dannybear

Arachnopeon
hello, at what drop in temp does a cobalt do this and what is the optimum temp for this species? thanks