Help with new B. Smithi

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
Hi just got back from an expo, I got a B. Smithi sling, any tips on keeping Smithis?? It is smaller than an inch.

Thank you.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi just got back from an expo, I got a B. Smithi sling, any tips on keeping Smithis?? It is smaller than an inch.

Thank you.
A search will pull up PAGES on smithi slings.There seems to be a post a week(or more) regarding their care......Room to dig,enough substrate,and mist here and there so it can get moisture and it will be fine. Pretty hard to screw up a smithi IMHO.One of the hardiest tarantulas out there.

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All I have to say is , make they're cage look pretty , dry , and feed them alot , and your good to go :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why oh why people buy a bird spider before they make extensive research and when they have it, they start asking questions?:confused::confused::confused:

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
dude chill it was my sister she got on my computer i know how to take care of it but if you want to leave some tips feel free

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Why oh why people buy a bird spider before they make extensive research and when they have it, they start asking questions?:confused::confused::confused:
+1... it sounds to me like popcangenie is trying to cover up for himself by saying someone else used his account :rolleyes:

If it were your sister... she'd just ask you, I think.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Try putting her in a delicup with 3-4 air holes. use peat moss as a substrate. offer it 2-3 1/4" crikets twice a week. Remove the food if not eaten the next day. when his about 2-3", transfer it to a nice enclosure :)

brian abrams

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
B Smithi

Congrats! Very good choice IMO. Beautifull, in demand, and very hardy. you can keep them just like a Rose-hair, and there are lots of care-sheets on Rosehairs. Under an inch, mist occasionally. Just make sure substrate never gets bone dry. Once over an inch, give it a small water dish (bottle cap, etc.) Feed at least once a week (twice is better). I always keep my temps between 70-85, but usually 75-85. During the winter 70-75. Some people will go as high as 90. Good luck.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
+1... it sounds to me like popcangenie is trying to cover up for himself by saying someone else used his account :rolleyes:

If it were your sister... she'd just ask you, I think.
lol cmon i don't lie !:D

really tho im mad because she got a smithi :( i got a irmina tho:})

to every one else ill send this to her