help with my t please

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
a few weeks ago i posted how i got my first tarantuala, well since i have gotten him, i havent seen him eat once. i tried crickets, megaworms and pinkies. i am worried, i dont want it to die. what can i do to make him eat?

Attachments

mebebraz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it could be anything from pressure from the move to humidity to substrate, but a t not eating in a week is nothing to worry about, I have a rose that hasnt eaten in eight months, id give it a bit and then try some crickets again.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree I wouldn't worry. T's can still survive on not eating for a long time. They can go about a yr with out eating if they have to.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the amazing FOOD ICU

i'm going say the same thing --

the T looks very healthy and there's no need to worry. They're not like other animals in the food respect -- T's can go a LONG time with no food, as long as there's water and a good temperature...

keep trying over the ensuing weeks, keeping sure to not keep any uneaten crickets in the cage.

if its a big problem, what i've found works (although it sucks to have to do this) is to take the T out, place it in a deli cup (its my FOOD ICU) with a little substrate in the bottom, a slightly damp, warm paper towel over the lid (that has holes in it mind you!), and then place a cricket in the deli cup with the T and place the whole FOOD ICU in a dark cupboard (over a fridge? in a closet?).... it may or may not work, but the FOOD ICU has helped me and my family out over many years!

My father showed this to me (he's a breeder) and mny initial questions had to do with some pavlovian problems with food not in the same cage, but after 30 years of this method, all my questions have been squashed by results. at least in my fam :)

but if not, don't worry..

just make sure the adbomen isn't shriveling, and there's no death curl!

good luck!
pce
dave

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
You refer to it as a "him"... are you sure it's a male? It could be post-ultimate if it is.