Help with large snake enclosures

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First off I'd rather buy than build... I am the least handy person and would prefer to have the cages look nice.

I've been looking at different freedom breeder racks, animal plastic cages, boamaster cages, and vision cages.

What kind are you using for your retics, burms, scrubs any preference to a certain cage?

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish boamaster plastic cages didnt cost as much.

I do enjoy the melamine cages look but I think I'd rather go with sliding class if i got a stack of cages and not a rack.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea that's why I like to build my own snake cages. Alot cheapier and I can make the design I like

Matt

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have pictures of your enclosures?

I'm considering calling some carpenters around here seeing what kind of prices i could get. Figure it couldnt be too crazy and could save money on shipping.

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
camera is broke. I had a 6ft long tank made out of mesquito wire and two by fours that I used for a 6ft rainbow boa I had for a couple years. And after I sold the boa I had a huge iguana in it

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a growing retic that's going to be put into an Animal Plastics enclosure. Reasonably priced. I like their method of shipping them disassembled. Easy to ship, easy to move if necessary. The big, molded plastic cages are a chore to work with.

I'm with you on buying rather than building. Some standardization in a reptile room always looks nice. Wish I had it instead of the mix of old aquariums, a Neodesha, and Sterilites I'm using right now.

VesAn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm using an enclosure from Animal plastics for my carpet python. They ship within the time period they specified and keep you updated via email. It comes disassembled and they take some work to build. Kinda like building a big desk or drawer you buy for your home. They are heavier than you would imagine from the pictures on the web site, and the weight of the parts contribute to the work it takes to build them. It's not without it's upside since the finished product is very very sturdy and durable. I don't think they're meant to be disassembled once built, and moving with them is like moving with any piece of medium sized wooden furniture.

Over all I would recommend them.

1truth

Arachnopeon
I keep 6 retics and i have them in ap cages, which after one year started to leak. I would buy sentec and only sentec especially if you have monsters. The guy who makes them breeds retics for a living

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried looking at sentec but they have no prices or anything on their website. If you have to ask the price.. you probably cant afford it.

I dont really like the bottom of the sentec cages with the aluminum piece cutting the cage in half seems like it would be a pita to clean.

I have a friend that works with aquariums so sealing a cage would be very easy for me.