Help with ID

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I caught this in my kitchen the other day and I run into these spiders quite often in my house and I've always wondered what they are. I've always thought they were Tegenaria domestica but I'm no expert by any means. I thought it kinda looked gravid when I caught it and I was apparently correct in that. I can expect super tiny slings from this I'm guessing? IMG_20170509_232631.jpg

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That little beauty is a Wolf Spider! You can tell by her big eyes - and the way she is carrying her egg sac attached to her spinnerets.

When the babies hatch they will climb aboard mom's back and hang out with her for a week or two before the big dispersal - but when the time comes, they are very small, expert climbers, and easily able to slip through standard mesh screens, ventilation holes, or any other openings. Expect them to start turning up everywhere!

Jason B

Arachnosquire
oh cool I was actually hoping I was wrong and that it was a wolf spider, but I since I caught it pretty far up my wall and it has webbed some in the enclosure I had it in, I was thinking it had to be something else. I have a much smaller one I caught the same night in my living room, also caught a jumper in my living room as well. lol

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Nice!! I'm jealous. All I catch in my house are escaped crickets.

Jason B

Arachnosquire
I'll try to get a better shot tomorrow I bothered her enough for tonight, question though, should I offer her prey?

Leila

Arachnobaron
What a nice find! :)

I absolutely adore them! (added egg sac is a super bonus!!!) :cat:

Jason B

Arachnosquire
wolf.jpg wolf3.jpg wolf2.jpg

She already decided she was going to eat. Apparently the dubia i thought she ate the other day was still alive and I found her eating it today.