Help with ID.

Fr34k

Arachnopeon
Hello all!
I would like some help with ID-ing my new found "pet". I found him/her in trousers in my luggage when I was back home unpacking. All I know is it comes from Sri Lanka (or maybe Maldives or Dubai airports), but Sri Lanka is my best guess. Can anyone tell me what kind of scorpion it is? Is it toxic? How do I set up his/hers habitat and what kind of diet should he/she be on? Thanx for answers, cheers.

Attachments

Animalia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not for sure what species it is. But it is some type of "bark scorpion."
You can rule out Centruroides from the fact its "clear and speckled".
But the housing would be similar too Centruroides. Some type of dirt or moss in bottom on container and cork bark for it too climb and molt on.

^^rough draft will look up some more info for you.

Here is a list of Scorps from sri lanka.
http://eycb.pagesperso-orange.fr/scorpions/AISriLanka.htm

It is most likly isometrus or lychas. You can look up the diffrence between each species on here or use google. But the general care is going to be the same.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

It is either a Lychas or an Isometrus species (I would need to see under the microscope for abscense or presence of tibial spurs), need to be kept like tropical scorpions, so humid and warm.....25-30 Celsius, 70-80 RH.....Humus as substrate and corkbark to hide and climb. A cup with water is not necessary as they drink drops of water with their weekly spray.

Cheers, Michiel